The strategy behind the game.
DraftKings is looking for a leader to be part of driving the disruption in the media and tech landscape. Sports, Games, Betting, NFTs and more! DraftKings is on the cutting edge of a new generation of products and services capturing the culture of a new generation of rabid fans. The VP media strategy and Business Operations will define the products, the experiences, and the business models driving DraftKings media ambitions. Experience building business cases for new media products and services with a broad range of experience operating in both traditional and emerging media business models will make you a great leader for this role.
What you’ll do as a VP, Media Strategy & Business Operations:
- Identify and build new market opportunities that drive different lines of business revenue, monetization and growth.
- Lead and implement strategic, cross-business projects, initiatives and processes that underpin the strategic direction of the business and operations
- Establish program-level routines that track these milestones and objectives, communicate progress, and help identify issues early without adding undue burdens or usurping the businesses and functions executing the work.
- Develop broad-ranging analysis and presentations to succinctly summarize/analyze key initiatives at existing businesses, and efforts of expansion to new sectors/ventures of interest
- Develop key growth initiatives, with the support of other stakeholders, necessary to realize the strategic vision and build sustainable competitive advantage
- Supporting leaders on their most critical functional initiatives
- Build streamlined and efficient processes throughout the business teams, including the design of cross-functional business processes to support business growth
- Support functional leaders on creating new processes or modifying existing processes to deliver against key milestones and/or improve process metrics.
- As required, lead cross-functional working teams and develop both partners and team members through communication and coaching
- Utilize data provided by our research and audience development teams to evaluate partnership and revenue opportunities. Lead and manage relationships with cross-functional teams to expand brand and consumer awareness (Marketing, Research), and execute strategic and operational initiatives(Finance, Business Affairs and Sales)
- Identify and build strong relationships with external companies whose brand identity and content align with DraftKings.
- Create business initiatives and revenue-driving partnerships
- Assist/advise in developing and managing short-and long-term strategic objectives that advance DK’s business priorities
- Become an essential brand advocate, providing thought leadership, inspiration, and best practices in brand strategy that contribute to the success of DK.
What you’ll bring:
- Minimum of 10 years proven and progressive business, operational, and/or strategy management experience, relevant industry experience across the following areas: Strategic Planning, Traditional and non-traditional media business models
- Leading and developing leaders and organizations
- Experience in a data-driven environment
- Proven track record of collaborating with cross-functional teams
- Proven track record in making business decisions, including identifying gaps or business needs, and innovating and scaling solutions
- Demonstrated success in building brand identity
- Proven track record of conceptualizing, establishing and building new businesses
- Proven ability to manage operational excellence, including P &L management
- Strong business and financial acumen, and superior analytical and writing skills
- Strong understanding of the content and culture of the DK brand.
- Ability to collaborate and partner with other content platforms, external partners
- Demonstrated success building relationships between key stakeholders both within and outside organization
- Strong, polished and confident communicator to sell vision and excitement of DK
- Demonstrated success in driving increased revenue year over year on multiple media platforms.
- Accountable for revenue profitability goals.
Who are we a good fit for?
We love working with talented people but more than that, we seek out compassionate co-workers with a collaborative spirit. Our work moves quickly and we’re great at coming together to find creative solutions to some of tech’s most interesting problems. If that sounds good to you, join us.
We are DraftKings.
We’re inspired by our shared passion for developing creative solutions to complex challenges and empowering the people around us to do their best work. We are industry leaders in the digital entertainment and technology space propelled by constant curiosity and diverse perspectives.
Our teams are fueled by innovation. We are looking ahead, building what’s next, and continuously reinventing the industry. We’re a publicly traded (NASDAQ: DKNG) technology company headquartered in Boston, with teams around the world and an expanding global presence.
We strive to create a place where all feel safe, empowered, engaged, championed, and inspired. DraftKings is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. This means we do not tolerate discrimination of any kind and are committed to providing equal employment opportunities regardless of your gender identity, race, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, status as a protected veteran, or status as an individual with a disability.
Ready to build what’s next? Apply now.
As a regulated gaming company, you may be required to obtain a gaming license issued by the appropriate state agency as a condition of employment.