At DraftKings, we're inspired by our shared passion for developing creative solutions to complex challenges and empowering the people around us to do their best work. We are industry leaders in the digital entertainment and technology space and are propelled by constant curiosity and diverse perspectives.
Be the strategy behind the game.
As the Staff Accountant, you will support the accounting operations for our newest flagship retail sportsbook in Chicago reporting to the Accounting Manager. The responsbilities of this role include but are not limited to daily revenue audits, external and internal audit request service, general ledger account reconciliation, post month-end journal entries, and organize physical paperwork according to filing and retention policies.
What you’ll do as a Staff Accountant:
- Complete daily revenue and cashier audits
- Research losses, variances, and discrepancies
- Maintain cash reserve protocol
- Support preparation of federal and state gaming taxes, as well as exception reports for departmental non-compliance, variances, and discrepancies
- Preserve and organize physical paperwork, process mail payments, and other administrative responsbilities
- Demonstrate excellent customer service
- Develop strong relationships with the sportsbook retail team, external/internal auditors, vendors, and customers
What you'll bring:
- 1+ years of experience in accounting, preferably in retail environment
- Bachelors degree or equivalent field experience
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Analytical mindset and detail orientation
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced work environment with limited supervision
- Entheusiasm for being fully on-site at least 4 days per week
- Ability to obtain a gaming license in the states where applicable
Our teams are fueled by innovation. We are looking ahead, building what’s next, and continuously reinventing the industry. We’re a publicly traded (NASDAQ: DKNG) technology company headquartered in Boston, with teams around the world and an expanding global presence.
We strive to create a place where all feel safe, empowered, engaged, championed, and inspired. DraftKings is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. This means we do not tolerate discrimination of any kind and are committed to providing equal employment opportunities regardless of your gender identity, race, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, status as a protected veteran, or status as an individual with a disability.
Ready to build what’s next? Apply now.
As a regulated gaming company, you may be required to obtain a gaming license issued by the appropriate state agency as a condition of employment.The US base salary range for this full-time position is $52,000.00 - $78,000.00, plus bonus, equity, and benefits as applicable. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range and how that was determined during the hiring process.