Shape a rapidly scaling industry.
DraftKings is seeking to hire a Software Engineering Manager to lead one of its Sportsbook Engineering teams. The Sportsbook Merchandising division is responsible for for delivering the right markets, promotions and marketing offers to the right users at the right time, while also building new exciting features for the product to continuously enhance the user experience of the Sportsbook product line. We expect this manager to work closely with the team's current Technical Leads, Delivery Managers, Product Managers, and Designers while owning the engineering roadmap and providing career guidance to the team.
What you’ll do as a Software Engineering Manager:
- You will lead and manage a team of engineers to deliver business critical features and support our Sportsbook product.
- Grow the members of your team through career management and feedback.
- Drive technical discovery through collaboration with your engineers and the larger Sportsbook organization.
- Implement software alongside your team members when necessary.
- Participate in recruiting and interviewing
What you'll bring:
- Experience as the expert on a development team, where you were responsible for everything from planning to delivering key features and management of those features.
- 5 + years experience working in a software environment at a large scale.
- Experience managing a small team of engineers is required.
- Experience managing or working with remote teams is preferred.
- Expertise with at least one object-oriented language like C# or Java.
- Experience with data streaming technologies, building distributed systems in a Cloud Computing environment such as AWS strongly preferred.
- Experience in Agile development and SDLC.
- Experience working with stakeholders and contributing to product definition.
We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for applicants taking part in the selection process.
Who are we a good fit for?
We love working with talented people but more than that, we seek out compassionate co-workers with a collaborative spirit. Our work moves quickly and we’re great at coming together to find creative solutions to some of tech’s most interesting problems. If that sounds good to you, join us.
We are DraftKings.
We’re inspired by our shared passion for developing creative solutions to complex challenges and empowering the people around us to do their best work. We are industry leaders in the digital entertainment and technology space propelled by constant curiosity and diverse perspectives.
Our teams are fueled by innovation. We are looking ahead, building what’s next, and continuously reinventing the industry. We’re a publicly traded (NASDAQ: DKNG) technology company headquartered in Boston, with teams around the world and an expanding global presence.
We strive to create a place where all feel safe, empowered, engaged, championed, and inspired. DraftKings is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. This means we do not tolerate discrimination of any kind and are committed to providing equal employment opportunities regardless of your gender identity, race, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, status as a protected veteran, or status as an individual with a disability.
Ready to build what’s next? Apply now.
As a regulated gaming company, you may be required to obtain a gaming license issued by the appropriate state agency as a condition of employment.