We are DraftKings. We’re inspired by our shared passion for developing creative solutions to complex challenges and empowering the people around us to do their best work. We are industry leaders in the digital entertainment and technology space propelled by constant curiosity and diverse perspectives.
Our teams are fueled by innovation. We are looking ahead, building what’s next, and continuously reinventing the industry. We’re a publicly traded (NASDAQ: DKNG) technology company headquartered in Boston, with teams around the world and an expanding global presence.
Building the possibilities.
As a Senior Software Engineer, you’ll be part of one of our multidisciplinary teams where you’ll work closely with designers, product managers, and data analysts. You’ll be a creative contributor to our processes and decision-making so when we build new features, we can ensure scalability and availability of the entire platform. Sounds good to you? Join us.
If you have a passion for designing and building the best-in-class user experience platform for our customers, discover the next generation of possibilities here at DraftKings. Using the latest technology at your disposal, you’ll be working with our highly collaborative teams in our Platform Engineering group. Your work and design will impact our growing millions of users. Our award-winning platform is only made possible through our teamwork. Together, we discover what’s possible, shapeshift, and make the impossible possible. Join our team today and challenge yourself to something new.
What you'll do as a Senior Software Engineer:
- Taking active part in all development stages - building the architectural design of new features, break down and implementation
- Developing performance-oriented code, covered with unit and automated integration tests
- Following and working according to software development standards and methodologies
What you'll bring:
- You also have at least 2 year of development experience with React.
- Familiarity with TypeScript and front-end tooling such as Webpack and BabelJS.
- Good knowledge of modern CSS layouts and related CSS-in-JS technologies (such as styled components).
- You have a strong knowledge of OOP and REST design principles.
- You have experience writing and maintaining a comprehensive suite of unit and integration tests.
- Ability to grow other engineers through code reviews, design reviews, and over-the-shoulder debugging.
We strive to create a place where all feel safe, empowered, engaged, championed, and inspired. DraftKings is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. This means we do not tolerate discrimination of any kind and are committed to providing equal employment opportunities regardless of your gender identity, race, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, status as a protected veteran, or status as an individual with a disability.
Ready to build what’s next? Apply now.
As a regulated gaming company, you may be required to obtain a gaming license issued by the appropriate state agency as a condition of employment.