Shape a rapidly scaling industry.
DraftKings is growing quickly along with the sports and online gaming industries in the US and abroad and we’re looking for a Senior Software Engineer to build the greatest new gaming experiences and disrupt one of the oldest industries. Sound good to you? Join us.
What you'll do as a Senior Software Engineer:
- Take ownership of development, maintenance, testing strategy, design discussions, and operations of a full-stack team, with API services written in NodeJS, Python & C#.
- You will be developing systems and APIs that power a rich set of applications used by a large and passionate group of users every day.
- Care about agility as much as you care about scalability. We roll out products very quickly and are looking for a team that can pivot at a moment’s notice.
- Work with your team under fast deadlines to design, build, and deliver innovative applications.
- Lead your team in design sessions and ensure your team delivers high-quality work that aligns with the mission of our platform.
What you’ll bring:
- A minimum of 3 years of development experience in object-oriented programming using languages such as C# or Java is required.
- Strong knowledge of OOP and REST design principles is required.
- A minimum of 3 years of relational database experience including schema design and writing performant queries in SQL is required.
- Experience writing and maintaining a comprehensive suite of unit and integration tests is required.
- Experience writing distributed systems in a Cloud Computing environment such as AWS is strongly preferred.
Who are we a good fit for?
We love working with talented people but more than that, we seek out compassionate co-workers with a collaborative spirit. Our work moves quickly and we’re great at coming together to find creative solutions to some of tech’s most interesting problems. If that sounds good to you, join us.
We are DraftKings.
We’re inspired by our shared passion for developing creative solutions to complex challenges and empowering the people around us to do their best work. We are industry leaders in the digital entertainment and technology space propelled by constant curiosity and diverse perspectives.
Our teams are fueled by innovation. We are looking ahead, building what’s next, and continuously reinventing the industry. We’re a publicly traded (NASDAQ: DKNG) technology company headquartered in Boston, with teams around the world and an expanding global presence.
We strive to create a place where all feel safe, empowered, engaged, championed, and inspired. DraftKings is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. This means we do not tolerate discrimination of any kind and are committed to providing equal employment opportunities regardless of your gender identity, race, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, status as a protected veteran, or status as an individual with a disability.
Ready to build what’s next? Apply now.
As a regulated gaming company, you may be required to obtain a gaming license issued by the appropriate state agency as a condition of employment.