Building the possibilities.
We’re looking for a Senior Software Engineer in the Blockchain Division to be part of one of our multidisciplinary teams where you’ll work closely with designers, product managers, data analysts, and other engineering teams. You’ll be a creative contributor to our processes and decision-making so we can build and expand our blockchain infrastructure to ensure the scalability and availability of the entire platform. We’re constantly growing and forming new teams. Sound good to you? Join us.
What you’ll do as a Senior Blockchain Engineer:
- Design, develop and improve the company’s dApps and blockchain infrastructure for different DraftKings products and services to tap into.
- Contribute to agility and scalability of not just the codes but the team and engineering practices. The blockchain platform needs to efficiently support other DraftKings engineering teams who roll out products and we are always looking for ways to improve our best-practices, streamline our development process, and improve team synergy!
- Research and stay current with the state-of-art of blockchain technologies.
- Review codes and merge requests by junior developers, offering constructive feedback to the team.
- Ensure the wellness of our production dApps and related services, reporting bugs and issues immediately upon discovery and always look for ways to optimize tech stack and improve security.
- Be active and connected in the bigger blockchain community (in a responsible way) and bring new solutions and ideas to the team!
- Define security standards and procedures; educate other team members.
- Provide technical leadership in the area of blockchain technology.
- We’re constantly growing and forming new teams; you will have the opportunity to lead as an engineer or transition into a manager role.
What skills you will use:
- 2+ years of smart contract development experience in Solidity (experience in other smart contract languages is an asset).
- Strong knowledge of design principles both specific to smart contract (like factory pattern, proxy design) or more generic like OOP, functional programming, REST.
- Experience in Solidity, OpenZeppelin standards, Web3, Truffle/Hardhat, the Graph, NodeJS, AWS, MySQL/Postgres, MongoDB/NoSQL.
- Experience in leading a team in completion of projects with agile methodologies.
- Experience in smart contract auditing is a strong asset.
- Familiar with cryptography and encryption methods. Experience with enterprise level key management solutions or projects is a strong asset.
- Ability to grow yourself and other engineers through code reviews, design reviews, and screenshare/peer debugging.
This position is remote except that it may not be performed in Colorado.
Who are we a good fit for?
We love working with talented people but more than that, we seek out compassionate co-workers with a collaborative spirit. Our work moves quickly and we’re great at coming together to find creative solutions to some of tech’s most interesting problems. If that sounds good to you, join us.
We are DraftKings.
We’re inspired by our shared passion for developing creative solutions to complex challenges and empowering the people around us to do their best work. We are industry leaders in the digital entertainment and technology space propelled by constant curiosity and diverse perspectives.
Our teams are fueled by innovation. We are looking ahead, building what’s next, and continuously reinventing the industry. We’re a publicly traded (NASDAQ: DKNG) technology company headquartered in Boston, with teams around the world and an expanding global presence.
We strive to create a place where all feel safe, empowered, engaged, championed, and inspired. DraftKings is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. This means we do not tolerate discrimination of any kind and are committed to providing equal employment opportunities regardless of your gender identity, race, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, status as a protected veteran, or status as an individual with a disability.
Ready to build what’s next? Apply now.
As a regulated gaming company, you may be required to obtain a gaming license issued by the appropriate state agency as a condition of employment.