Building the Possibilities
Our team comprises sports modelling experts and data science technologists, coming together to develop innovative DS products that deliver incremental value on the Sportsbook platform at DraftKings. As part of this role, you will be a creative thinker, utilizing data, machine learning, and software development skills to craft high-impact best-in-class solutions that grow the business.
What you'll do as a Senior Lead Data Science Engineer:
- Take ownership for the design, development, maintenance and testing strategy of DS applications
- Collaborate with business leads across Sportsbook and Engineering to define milestones and deliverables for new DS products or enhancements to existing products
- Contribute to the architecture and design of DS projects and strategic initiatives, with specific focus on quality, stability, and efficiency.
- Mentor and lead design and knowledge transfer sessions, ensuring other DS engineers deliver high quality work
What You'll bring:
- Significant experience as the expert on a data science team where you were responsible for all aspects of data science technical projects, including development and deployment, and then monitoring of how those applications perform in production
- Expertise in Python (5+ years)
- Proficient with Docker, Kubernetes and Kafka
- PhD or Masters degree in STEM fields
- Ability to write automated comprehensive test suites at all levels of DS applications
- Extensive experience with AWS based services and infrastructure; ideally with AWS ML tools
- Familiarity with GCP based services will be considered an asset
- Familiarity with CI/CD and automation
- Excellent communication & organizations skills with the ability to articulate key business information quickly and effectively
- Experience building and using Sportsbook DS products will be considered an asset
- Keen interest in sports
Who are we a good fit for?
We love working with talented people but more than that, we seek out compassionate co-workers with a collaborative spirit. Our work moves quickly and we’re great at coming together to find creative solutions to some of tech’s most interesting problems. If that sounds good to you, join us.
We are DraftKings.
We’re inspired by our shared passion for developing creative solutions to complex challenges and empowering the people around us to do their best work. We are industry leaders in the digital entertainment and technology space propelled by constant curiosity and diverse perspectives.
Our teams are fueled by innovation. We are looking ahead, building what’s next, and continuously reinventing the industry. We’re a publicly traded (NASDAQ: DKNG) technology company headquartered in Boston, with teams around the world and an expanding global presence.
We strive to create a place where all feel safe, empowered, engaged, championed, and inspired. DraftKings is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. This means we do not tolerate discrimination of any kind and are committed to providing equal employment opportunities regardless of your gender identity, race, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, status as a protected veteran, or status as an individual with a disability.
Ready to build what’s next? Apply now.
As a regulated gaming company, you may be required to obtain a gaming license issued by the appropriate state agency as a condition of employment.