The strategy behind the game.
We’re searching for a Government Affairs Manager to engage in legislative and regulatory issues impacting the business across the country. As part of the Government Affairs team, you will work closely with business units throughout the company as well as with lobbyists, legislators, and regulators to shape legislation and regulation governing sports betting, iGaming, and fantasy sports. When you join us, you’ll play a key role in determining the legal framework for sports betting, iGaming, and fantasy sports in states across the nation. Sound good to you? Join us.
What You'll do as a Manager, Legal and Government Affairs
• Assist in coordination and oversight of multi-state legislative effort
• Advise on government affairs strategy for company
• Manage strategy and contract lobbyists and various state efforts
• Develop and maintain relationships with key policy makers
• Review and draft legislation and analyze its impact on the company
• Draft comments on proposed legislation and regulations
• Testify at legislative hearings and meetings
• Assist company in obtaining appropriate licenses
• Monitor developments in industry and provide relevant and timely insight
• Strategize and coordinate efforts with communications team
• Perform other duties as assigned
What You'll Bring:
• Knowledge of gaming industry and laws impacting gaming businesses
• J.D. and five years of working experience required
• Excellent verbal communication and writing skills for both technical and non-technical audiences
• Excellent interpersonal skills and collaborative attitude
• Ability to spot issues and propose solutions
• Ability to timely respond to new demands, priorities, and challenges
This position could require travel up to 30% of the time. Position can be based in Boston or remote.
Who are we a good fit for?
We love working with talented people but more than that, we seek out compassionate co-workers with a collaborative spirit. Our work moves quickly and we’re great at coming together to find creative solutions to some of tech’s most interesting problems. If that sounds good to you, join us.
We are DraftKings.
We’re inspired by our shared passion for developing creative solutions to complex challenges and empowering the people around us to do their best work. We are industry leaders in the digital entertainment and technology space propelled by constant curiosity and diverse perspectives.
Our teams are fueled by innovation. We are looking ahead, building what’s next, and continuously reinventing the industry. We’re a publicly traded (NASDAQ: DKNG) technology company headquartered in Boston, with teams around the world and an expanding global presence.
We strive to create a place where all feel safe, empowered, engaged, championed, and inspired. DraftKings is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. This means we do not tolerate discrimination of any kind and are committed to providing equal employment opportunities regardless of your gender identity, race, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, status as a protected veteran, or status as an individual with a disability.
Ready to build what’s next? Apply now.
As a regulated gaming company, you may be required to obtain a gaming license issued by the appropriate state agency as a condition of employment.