The Problem Management Global organization is responsible for tracking production incidents, defining production incident mitigation strategies, reporting production incident trends to engineering leadership and developing best practices for the engineering team to follow. The team supports DraftKings with a Problem Management and an Incident Management focus. We are looking for a manager for the Incident Management team to help manage and grow the incident management function at DraftKings.
- Refine the incident response process for DraftKings engineering as we continue to grow
- Collaborate with leaders in the engineering organization to build scalable team processes
- Support engineering during incident response and mitigation, in an on-call capacity
- Manage the daily operational tasks of the Incident Management team
- Defining standards for common incident response techniques
- Develop and own the training of incident management processes to the greater engineering organization
- Organize mock incident response scenarios
- Define and execute on KPIs for the Problem Management Global team
- Provide career management and guidance to all members of the Incident Management team
- Provide on-call support in collaboration with the team, to ensure engineering is fully supported
- Solving complex problems with information technology software and hardware
- Maintaining incident logs and processing incident reports for review with upper management
- Developing procedural runbooks for various Production Incident resolutions
- Able to identify roadblocks and can generate solutions to unblock the team
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proactive and self motivated
- Ability to translate high-level objectives into tactical tasks that can be executed upon
- Able to support team members for career growth, and to provide necessary guidance
- Comfortable running an Incident Response bridge, with engineers and leadership alike
Who are we a good fit for?
We love working with talented people but more than that, we seek out compassionate co-workers with a collaborative spirit. Our work moves quickly and we’re great at coming together to find creative solutions to some of tech’s most interesting problems. If that sounds good to you, join us.
We are DraftKings.
We’re inspired by our shared passion for developing creative solutions to complex challenges and empowering the people around us to do their best work. We are industry leaders in the digital entertainment and technology space propelled by constant curiosity and diverse perspectives.
Our teams are fueled by innovation. We are looking ahead, building what’s next, and continuously reinventing the industry. We’re a publicly traded (NASDAQ: DKNG) technology company headquartered in Boston, with teams around the world and an expanding global presence.
We strive to create a place where all feel safe, empowered, engaged, championed, and inspired. DraftKings is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. This means we do not tolerate discrimination of any kind and are committed to providing equal employment opportunities regardless of your gender identity, race, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, status as a protected veteran, or status as an individual with a disability.
Ready to build what’s next? Apply now.
As a regulated gaming company, you may be required to obtain a gaming license issued by the appropriate state agency as a condition of employment.