Shape a rapidly scaling industry.
DraftKings is growing quickly and we’re looking for a Lead Software Engineer to help establish and lead a team centered around the mission of providing a best-in-class experience for our customers. This position requires strong technical skills and a bias toward collaboration. You will be working across teams, informing business decisions, and helping to expand our enterprise software platform. We will help you learn distributed systems design in high-load environments. We experience and handle different types of loads: soak, spike, stress load, etc. For the persistence layer, we utilize different approaches: Mongo for high volume and query extensive layer, Redis for low latency, and hot set searches.
What you’ll do as a Lead Software Engineer:
- Take ownership of the design, development, maintenance, testing strategy, and operations of a full-stack team, with services written primarily in C#.
- Collaborate with business leads across the company to define milestones and deliveries for new functionality to be added to existing applications.
- Care about agility as much as you care about scalability. We roll out products very quickly and are looking for a team that can pivot at a moment’s notice.
- Work with your team under fast deadlines to design, build, and deliver innovative applications.
- Lead your team in design sessions and ensure your team delivers high-quality work that aligns with the missions of our applications and platform.
- Building large-scale distributed systems adhering to high standards and best practices
- Technical guidance and ownership over the team products end-to-end – from design to production
- Working with product owners/architects to build services and related workflows
- Building and implementing testing methodologies to guarantee system quality and performance standards
- Building and constantly improving CI/CD processes
What you’ll bring:
- You have experience as the ‘expert’ on a development team where you were responsible for everything from planning to delivering key features and management of those features
- Expertise with at least one object-oriented language like C#
- Experience with .NET Framework or .NET Core is preferred
- You also have the ability to write automated comprehensive test suites at all levels of the architecture
- Practical experience with TPL, async, concurrent data structures, immutable data structures
- Profiling and optimizations, GC and memory management
- Working experience with SQL and NoSQL databases, scale options, availability, eventual consistency
- Understanding of large-scale, distributed systems, microservices architecture
- Experience building event-driven architectures: messaging, consumer patterns, CQRS, Event Sourcing
- Experience in implementing telemetry, business and technical metrics, distributed tracing
- Understanding of Automation processes related to R&D cycle
- You enjoy working with intelligent and energetic teams of people
We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for applicants taking part in the selection process.
Who are we a good fit for?
We love working with talented people but more than that, we seek out compassionate co-workers with a collaborative spirit. Our work moves quickly and we’re great at coming together to find creative solutions to some of tech’s most interesting problems. If that sounds good to you, join us.
We are DraftKings.
We’re inspired by our shared passion for developing creative solutions to complex challenges and empowering the people around us to do their best work. We are industry leaders in the digital entertainment and technology space propelled by constant curiosity and diverse perspectives.
Our teams are fueled by innovation. We are looking ahead, building what’s next, and continuously reinventing the industry. We’re a publicly traded (NASDAQ: DKNG) technology company headquartered in Boston, with teams around the world and an expanding global presence.
We strive to create a place where all feel safe, empowered, engaged, championed, and inspired. DraftKings is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. This means we do not tolerate discrimination of any kind and are committed to providing equal employment opportunities regardless of your gender identity, race, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, status as a protected veteran, or status as an individual with a disability.
Ready to build what’s next? Apply now.
As a regulated gaming company, you may be required to obtain a gaming license issued by the appropriate state agency as a condition of employment.