Shape a rapidly scaling industry.
DraftKings is growing quickly, and we’re looking for a Lead Software Engineer to join our core Online Sportsbook Betting team. In this role, you’ll improve the quality, efficiency, resilience, and scalability of our API services and will see the immediate impact of your work during live sporting events. You’ll use your technical acumen and strong collaboration skills with a team of developers, quality assurance specialists, and product owners. You’ll participate in regular cross-functional code review procedures, performance test runs, live production incidents, product, and technical planning. We need you to. Sound good to you? Join us.
What you’ll do as a Lead Software Engineer:
- Take ownership of the design, development, maintenance, testing strategy, and operations of a back-end team.
- Collaborate with business leads across the company to define milestones and deliveries for new functionality to be added to existing applications.
- Play an active part in improving and optimizing the system’s core functionality.
- Care about agility as much as you care about scalability–we launch products very quickly and are looking for a team that can pivot at a moment’s notice.
- Work with your team under quick deadlines to design, build, and deliver innovative applications.
- Ensure alignment with software development standards and methodologies.
- Analyze and improve monitoring and tooling systems to control our APIs across 10+ data centers globally.
- Be part of a cross-functional team with end-to-end responsibility for the final product.
What you’ll bring:
- 5+ years of working experience with applications based on C#.
- 4+ years of working experience with API development.
- Ambition to write high-quality code and participate in the code review procedure.
- Strong knowledge of C#/.NET Core as well as Kafka, RabbitMQ, Redis, Aerospike, MS SQL, and Mongo.
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes, Consul, Fabio, ELK, Grafana, Influx DB.
- Understanding of large-scale, distributed systems, and microservice architecture.
- Create integration, unit, and load tests for services.
- Solid debugging and troubleshooting skills.
We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for applicants taking part in the selection process.
Who are we a good fit for?
We love working with talented people but more than that, we seek out compassionate co-workers with a collaborative spirit. Our work moves quickly and we’re great at coming together to find creative solutions to some of tech’s most interesting problems. If that sounds good to you, join us.
We are DraftKings.
We’re inspired by our shared passion for developing creative solutions to complex challenges and empowering the people around us to do their best work. We are industry leaders in the digital entertainment and technology space propelled by constant curiosity and diverse perspectives.
Our teams are fueled by innovation. We are looking ahead, building what’s next, and continuously reinventing the industry. We’re a publicly traded (NASDAQ: DKNG) technology company headquartered in Boston, with teams around the world and an expanding global presence.
We strive to create a place where all feel safe, empowered, engaged, championed, and inspired. DraftKings is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. This means we do not tolerate discrimination of any kind and are committed to providing equal employment opportunities regardless of your gender identity, race, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, status as a protected veteran, or status as an individual with a disability.
Ready to build what’s next? Apply now.
As a regulated gaming company, you may be required to obtain a gaming license issued by the appropriate state agency as a condition of employment.