Building the possibilities
We are looking for an experienced Lead Data Science Engineer to join our expanding Data Science Team.
Our team comprises sports modelling experts and data science technologists, coming together to develop innovative DS products that deliver incremental value on the Sportsbook platform at DraftKings. As part of this role, you will be a creative thinker, utilizing data, machine learning, and software development skills to craft high-impact best-in-class solutions that grow the business.
What you'll do as a Lead Data Science Engineer:
- Research and implement DS applications in Python
- Create statistical and machine learning models and integrate them into DS applications
- Data engineering of sportsbook data assets to assist in DS application development
- Create automatic tests to ensure accuracy and reliability of DS applications
- Collaborate closely with product, developers, QAs and delivery leads to move projects from ideation to development and deployment
- Test that data flows work as expected and that DS applications are well integrated in larger business context
- Build advanced analytics tools for sportsbook product teams
- Coach and support more junior data scientists within the team
What you’ll bring:
- Ideally, you have experience as the expert on a data science team where you were responsible for all aspects of data science technical projects, including development and deployment, and then monitoring of how those applications perform in production
- PhD, Masters or Bachelor’s degree in STEM fields
- Highly proficient in at least one programming language, ideally Python with a strong understanding of object-orientated programming principles
- Experience with typical DevOps flows, such as containerisation and monitoring
- Experience with Kubernetes and Kafka are very desirable
- Keen interest in sports
- Understanding of Sportsbook products will be considered an asset
- Experience leading and coaching other data scientists
- Excellent communication & organizations skills with the ability to articulate key business information quickly and effectively
Who are we a good fit for?
We love working with talented people but more than that, we seek out compassionate co-workers with a collaborative spirit. Our work moves quickly and we’re great at coming together to find creative solutions to some of tech’s most interesting problems. If that sounds good to you, join us.
We are DraftKings.
We’re inspired by our shared passion for developing creative solutions to complex challenges and empowering the people around us to do their best work. We are industry leaders in the digital entertainment and technology space propelled by constant curiosity and diverse perspectives.
Our teams are fueled by innovation. We are looking ahead, building what’s next, and continuously reinventing the industry. We’re a publicly traded (NASDAQ: DKNG) technology company headquartered in Boston, with teams around the world and an expanding global presence.
We strive to create a place where all feel safe, empowered, engaged, championed, and inspired. DraftKings is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. This means we do not tolerate discrimination of any kind and are committed to providing equal employment opportunities regardless of your gender identity, race, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, status as a protected veteran, or status as an individual with a disability.
Ready to build what’s next? Apply now.
As a regulated gaming company, you may be required to obtain a gaming license issued by the appropriate state agency as a condition of employment.