At DraftKings, we're inspired by our shared passion for developing creative solutions to complex challenges and empowering the people around us to do their best work. We are industry leaders in the digital entertainment and technology space and are propelled by constant curiosity and diverse perspectives.
Building the possibilities.
We’re hiring an Enterprise Monitoring Engineer to join our SRE Operations team. This team is centered in the technical operations at DraftKings and is working closely with 50+ teams supporting all technological components involved in our products. You will play a central role in running the day-to-day operations of a rapidly scaling part of our business. If you enjoy working within a fast-paced, highly dynamic environment, we think you’ll love it here.
What you’ll do as an Enterprise Monitoring Engineer:
- Implement and administer enterprise-grade monitoring solutions
- Automate processes as much as possible to increase time to deliver pace
- Development of custom scripts to enable the monitoring of complex processes & KPIs
- Diagnoses, isolates, and de-bugs software problems and ensure timely resolution
- Monitor systems capacity and performance, plan and execute recovery procedures
- Follow the corporate guidelines, best practices, security & compliance policies
- Evaluate vendor-supplied software packages and make recommendations
- Contribute to incident & problem management by performing in-depth analysis
- Prepare & maintain appropriate documentation for delivered monitoring solutions - platforms, sensors, metrics, etc.
What you’ll bring:
- Solid hands-on experience and deep understanding of enterprise-grade monitoring systems or application administration – Data Dog, Logic Monitor, Pager Duty, Logs & Event analytical platforms
- Experience developing automation via scripting or programming language – Bash, PowerShell, Python, .NET, Terraform, Jenkins, Ansible
- Experience in complex environments - Windows & Linux servers, Google & AWS cloud, on-premises and hybrid, K8s/Docker, VMware, TCP/IP & Firewall
- Understanding of SQL, NoSQL, Time-Series & Graph databases
- Analytical and problem-solving skills, including the ability to define the problem, root cause analysis, and provide mitigating & improvement solutions
- Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills and the ability to deliver information effectively to any level of experts & managers
- Ability to work independently. Precision, self-control & struggle for perfection in the provided solutions
Our teams are fueled by innovation. We are looking ahead, building what’s next, and continuously reinventing the industry. We’re a publicly traded (NASDAQ: DKNG) technology company headquartered in Boston, with teams around the world and an expanding global presence.
We strive to create a place where all feel safe, empowered, engaged, championed, and inspired. DraftKings is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. This means we do not tolerate discrimination of any kind and are committed to providing equal employment opportunities regardless of your gender identity, race, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, status as a protected veteran, or status as an individual with a disability.
Ready to build what’s next? Apply now.
As a regulated gaming company, you may be required to obtain a gaming license issued by the appropriate state agency as a condition of employment.