Be the strategy behind the game.
We are searching for an innovative, collaborative and impeccably organized player-coach to establish our centralized Process Excellence team from the ground up. This entirely new position reports directly to the Vice President, Shared Services.
As the Director of Process Excellence, you and your team will partner with all levels of DK’s customer-facing operations (Email, Chat, Fraud, and White-Glove Service) on a consulting project basis to design, implement, document, measure and continuously improve key business practices.
Why is this role critical? Over the last 10 years, DraftKings has expanded rapidly to meet growing market demand and to respond swiftly to a changing regulatory landscape. As a result, our colleagues have learned to be scrappy and diligent about not letting perfection get in the way of progress. Having established a foothold in these new markets, DK is now well-positioned to progress along its maturity curve and agile journey, seeking to uncover and reimagine suboptimal processes in favor of a more disciplined and coordinated approach.
By streamlining and standardizing processes, and by sharing best practices across channels, we can deliver a seamless Customer Experience, while freeing capacity to tackle additional geographies as they continue to open up. Your thought leadership, creativity, attention to detail, and change management skills will play an integral and highly visible role in driving DK’s ability to scale efficiently and evolve as a company.
What you’ll do as a Director, Process Excellence:
- Define and execute the overall process excellence strategy and goals in partnership with the Vice President, Shared Services.
- Define and track key performance metrics to quantify process excellence engagement performance and value-add at a portfolio level.
- Identify, prioritize, and scope process development engagements in conjunction with operational leaders.
- Build a team of process improvement experts from the ground up.
- Engage with subject matter experts to map out current state process flows, pinpoint opportunity areas, and brainstorm scalable solutions.
- Design and execute changes in agile fashion.
- Partner with operational leadership to solidify top-down buy-in, align expectations, drive operational strategies, influence related initiatives (e.g. vendor selection, performance quantification), provide timely updates, and share best practices cross-functionally.
- Work with frontline associates and managers to seamlessly implement new operating procedures and oversee change management (e.g. leveraging change champions, building broad support, and ensuring robust documentation and communication).
- Establish measurement programs to gauge impact throughout MVP design and to ensure ongoing value delivery.
- Enable operations to own ongoing management and oversight of new processes.
- Provide thought leadership and perspective to identify and help address opportunity areas, both within and beyond the Customer organization.
What experience & skills you will use:
- Bachelor’s degree in business or a related field.
- At least 8 years of business experience, including at least 5 years of in process design, with clear value-add impact and career progression.
- At least 5 years of experience building, leading and mentoring a team, with demonstrated success attracting and developing top talent.
- Multi-channel contact center industry knowledge, gained from roles within complex, fast-paced, multi-skilled and multi-site environments.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication and collaboration skills, with the ability to effectively influence at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to effectively lead and operate in white space, navigating independently through ambiguity while establishing structure.
Who are we a good fit for?
We love working with talented people but more than that, we seek out compassionate co-workers with a collaborative spirit. Our work moves quickly and we’re great at coming together to find creative solutions to some of tech’s most interesting problems. If that sounds good to you, join us.
We are DraftKings.
We’re inspired by our shared passion for developing creative solutions to complex challenges and empowering the people around us to do their best work. We are industry leaders in the digital entertainment and technology space propelled by constant curiosity and diverse perspectives.
Our teams are fueled by innovation. We are looking ahead, building what’s next, and continuously reinventing the industry. We’re a publicly traded (NASDAQ: DKNG) technology company headquartered in Boston, with teams around the world and an expanding global presence.
We strive to create a place where all feel safe, empowered, engaged, championed, and inspired. DraftKings is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. This means we do not tolerate discrimination of any kind and are committed to providing equal employment opportunities regardless of your gender identity, race, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, status as a protected veteran, or status as an individual with a disability.
Ready to build what’s next? Apply now.
As a regulated gaming company, you may be required to obtain a gaming license issued by the appropriate state agency as a condition of employment.