DraftKings is seeking a Director, Marketplace Operations to oversee DraftKings-owned content strategy and execution for their new Marketplace. The person in this role will bring innovative thinking and ideas for groundbreaking utility for the creation of NFTs.
In this role, you will oversee the operations and performance of the DraftKings created NFTs and content for the Marketplace. You will grow and manage a team of content creators and operators. You will oversee development of winning promotions, testing, management of pricing, and oversight of site merchandising in partnership with data science to surface the best content and utility for customers.
You will maintain plans and forecasts and ensure that the content meets overall Marketplace objectives, and reliably communicate expected performance and deliver consistently against expectations. You will champion a best-in-class NFT offering and experience for users of the marketplace.
You will partner with product, marketing, and analytics to improve the strategies and efficacy of the marketplace in terms of attracting new users, retaining users for repeat purchase, cross selling, and increasing the monetization.
What You'll Do:
- Build a world-class internal content operations team that can execute DraftKings owned NFT experiences in line with DraftKings operating principles
- Establish and oversee the vision, operation, and production for all DK branded digital products (NFTs)
- Oversee the operations of DK owned content and creative teams to ensure the content offering is best of breed for our audience
- Define and execute pricing and promotional strategies to achieve financial targets and forecasts
- Consistently demonstrate an ability to strategize and roll up your sleeves with the team to execute
- Deliver content against an overall content calendar, ideating new content programs, building new content, project managing content reviews and approvals.
- Define and refine team structure and operating model to increase efficiency and improve creative output as we grow
- Partner with product, marketing, and analytics to improve the strategies and efficacy of the marketplace in terms of attracting new users, retaining users for repeat purchase, cross selling, and increasing the monetization
- Create short and long-term financial goals for DK-owned content based on company targets and industry trends
- Champion an excellent customer experience to drive order value and conversion rates
- Partner closely with marketing to help ensure existing DraftKings storefronts cross-sell to leverage the marketplace, and that marketplace customers and cross selling effectively into the gaming storefronts.
- Create forecasting and business updates to ensure Marketplace meets goals.
What You'll Bring:
- 7+ years of eCommerce operations experience, 2-3+ years of category management experience, Strong preference for those that have managed creative/content production teams.
- Management experience and team building/scaling; must be a strong team leader and presenter who can also dive in and execute work with the team as needed.
- Must be able to bring innovative thinking and ability to demonstrate success with team ideation
- Bachelor's Degree in a business / marketing / analytical or science field
- Highly organized and analytical
- Disciplined approach to managing KPIs including margin, productivity, and commonality targets, leveraging data, insights and performance
- Experience in crypto, blockchain or NFTs preferred.
This position can sit in either the Boston or New Jersey offices or remote; however, this work is to be performed entirely outside of Colorado.
Who are we a good fit for?
We love working with talented people but more than that, we seek out compassionate co-workers with a collaborative spirit. Our work moves quickly and we’re great at coming together to find creative solutions to some of tech’s most interesting problems. If that sounds good to you, join us.
We are DraftKings.
We’re inspired by our shared passion for developing creative solutions to complex challenges and empowering the people around us to do their best work. We are industry leaders in the digital entertainment and technology space propelled by constant curiosity and diverse perspectives.
Our teams are fueled by innovation. We are looking ahead, building what’s next, and continuously reinventing the industry. We’re a publicly traded (NASDAQ: DKNG) technology company headquartered in Boston, with teams around the world and an expanding global presence.
We strive to create a place where all feel safe, empowered, engaged, championed, and inspired. DraftKings is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. This means we do not tolerate discrimination of any kind and are committed to providing equal employment opportunities regardless of your gender identity, race, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, status as a protected veteran, or status as an individual with a disability.
Ready to build what’s next? Apply now.
As a regulated gaming company, you may be required to obtain a gaming license issued by the appropriate state agency as a condition of employment.