Strategic Initiatives & Operations Leader
We are DraftKings.
We’re inspired by our shared passion for developing creative solutions to complex challenges and empowering the people around us to do their best work. We are industry leaders in the digital entertainment and technology space propelled by constant curiosity and diverse perspectives.
Our teams are fueled by innovation. We are looking ahead, building what’s next, and continuously reinventing the industry. We’re a publicly traded (NASDAQ: DKNG) technology company headquartered in Boston, with teams around the world and an expanding global presence.
The strategy behind the game.
We’re growing rapidly and are searching for a Strategic Initiatives Leader to execute our overall company operating, goal setting, measurement, and review system. You’ll play a vital role in developing annual company and executive goals, executing quarterly business reviews, and operationalizing our key processes to measure progress and ensure accountability for those goals. As a part of our small centralized group, you’ll also be instrumental in helping our organization scale and increase operational efficiency.
What you’ll do as a Strategic Initiatives Leader:
- You will assist the Chief of Staff in leading an annual goal-setting process for the company and executive team, ensuring goals are consistent with our strategy, have clear measures, and are well-structured.
- Lead the execution of our company operating system, including reporting monthly and quarterly performance against company goals as well as running quarterly business review processes with the executive team.
- Manage a list of pressing cross-functional issues that come from these reviews, ensuring deadlines are met and issues are resolved with various executive stakeholders.
- Help organize, execute, and follow up on regular executive team meetings and annual offsites.
- Track and report on progress against company initiatives and KPIs through monthly and quarterly reporting for the executive team.
- Develop and implement processes that will help us continue to scale efficiently.
What skills you will use:
- 8+ years of related professional experience in a) strategy and/or business operations in a start-up or fast-growth environment and b) strategy consulting, investment banking, or private equity.
- MBA is preferred.
- Experience implementing or executing company annual planning or goals process.
- You have project management and milestones oversight experience.
- Strong written communications skills, ability to go deep and to summarize.
- Excellent people and project management skills with demonstrated experience in successfully managing cross-functional initiatives.
- Experience working closely with an executive team.
- Understanding of and ability to resolve complex business issues.
- Strong analytical foundation and the ability to turn data into insights and insights into action.
- Ability to work independently while being guided by a senior business leader.
We strive to create a place where all feel safe, empowered, engaged, championed, and inspired. DraftKings is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. This means we do not tolerate discrimination of any kind and are committed to providing equal employment opportunities regardless of your gender identity, race, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, status as a protected veteran, or status as an individual with a disability.
Ready to build what’s next? Apply now.
As a regulated gaming company, you may be required to obtain a gaming license issued by the appropriate state agency as a condition of employment.