Senior Technical Product Manager, Sportsbook
We’re reimagining sports and technology.
DraftKings is bringing sports fans closer to the games they love and becoming an essential part of their experience in the process. An industry pioneer since our founding in 2012, we believe we can continue to define what it means to be a technology company in sports entertainment. We love what we do and we think you will too.
Be part of the newest game changer.
We are building upon our leading US sports brand and continued growth of our new Sportsbook and Casino products! You will be responsible for charting out the future of our Gaming Platform, building new capabilities, and ensuring we’re able to meet the needs of the growing US Gaming Industry.
What you’ll do as a Senior Technical Product Manager:
- You will own the Gaming Platform, which includes our Sportsbook product, development cycle from strategic planning to launch.
- Work with architects, developers, and our operations team to support all gaming initiatives.
- Build strong relationships with external policy making bodies and potentially third-party solution providers needed to fulfill business/functional units’ strategic objectives.
- Work with engineering, analytics, production, and other stakeholders to break down high level projects into product specification documents.
- You’ll know the product and technology deeply, allowing you to effectively balance the often-competing demands of innovation, quality, and speed to market.
What skills you will use:
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree is required.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science is preferred.
- A minimum of 5 years of technical product management experience is required.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience managing a highly technical product area is required.
- Experience scaling a product or platform to accommodate explosive growth in users and functionality is required.
- Experience with a streaming technology and/or cloud-based storage and strategy is preferred.
- A demonstrated knowledge of both business and technology is required.
- Prior experience in the Gaming/Sportsbook Industry, or other regulated industry is preferred.
- Experience defining and driving technical KPI’s related to performance, uptime, reliability and platform flexibility is required.
- Prior experience working on cross-functional teams, utilizing Agile methodologies and project management tools is required.
Who are we a good fit for?
We love working with talented people but more than that, we seek out compassionate co-workers with a collaborative spirit. Our work moves quickly and we’re great at coming together to find creative solutions to some of tech’s most interesting problems. If that sounds good to you, join us.
We’re proud to believe that your gender, race, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, status as a protected veteran, or status as an individual with a disability should have nothing to do with our hiring practices. We’ll never discriminate against anyone’s background or creed. If you’re good at what you do, we want you to do it at DraftKings.