We’re reimagining sports and technology.
DraftKings is bringing sports fans closer to the games they love and becoming an essential part of their experience in the process. An industry pioneer since our founding in 2012, we believe we can continue to define what it means to be a technology company in sports entertainment. We love what we do and we think you will too.
The strategy behind the game.
DraftKings is searching for a Senior Manager, Tax. This position will partner with Legal, Compliance, Product, and Engineering to document and improve the company’s tax environment. You will be responsible for all aspects of the taxation, including income tax, information reporting and withholding, sales tax, excise, occupational, and gaming taxes.
What you’ll do as a Senior Manager, Tax:
- You will draft technical memos to memorialize all our tax positions, suggesting changes where appropriate.
- Perform detailed review of statutes, regulations, and case law as needed.
- Draft policies and procedures to support our tax positions, as well as create the controls to ensure they’re followed.
- Revisit risk areas regularly and work with tax counsel as needed.
- Meet all informational tax reporting and withholding obligations in a timely and accurate manner.
- Own all federal excise tax filings.
- Meet all informational tax reporting and withholding obligations timely and accurately.
- Own federal, state, and international gaming and fantasy sports tax compliance obligations—partnering with compliance and product analytics as necessary.
- Devise protocols to ensure software is functioning as intended—and perform detailed review of statues, regulations, and case law as needed.
- Coordinate the Company’s Provisions for taxes (ASC 740 & ASC 450-20).
- Partner with 3rd party tax compliance on Federal form 1120, FinCEN filings and S<.
- Draft memos to memorialize the company’s tax positions, suggesting changes if appropriate.
- Troubleshoot risk areas, working with tax advisors as needed.
What skills you will use:
- A minimum of a Bachelors Degree is required.
- A Masters in Tax is preferred.
- A CPA is required.
- A minimum of 8 years of professional experience is required.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in public accounting is required, preferably in Big Four.
- Prior experience working in gaming, e-commerce and/or a similar data rich tech environment is preferred.
- Prior experience in a publicly traded company is preferred.
Who are we a good fit for?
We love working with talented people but more than that, we seek out compassionate co-workers with a collaborative spirit. Our work moves quickly and we’re great at coming together to find creative solutions to some of tech’s most interesting problems. If that sounds good to you, join us.
We’re proud to believe that your gender, race, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, status as a protected veteran, or status as an individual with a disability should have nothing to do with our hiring practices. We’ll never discriminate against anyone’s background or creed. If you’re good at what you do, we want you to do it at DraftKings.