Software Engineering Manager, Architecture
We are DraftKings.
We’re inspired by our shared passion for developing creative solutions to complex challenges and empowering the people around us to do their best work. We are industry leaders in the digital entertainment and technology space propelled by constant curiosity and diverse perspectives.
Our teams are fueled by innovation. We are looking ahead, building what’s next, and continuously reinventing the industry. We’re a publicly traded (NASDAQ: DKNG) technology company headquartered in Boston, with teams around the world and an expanding global presence.
Building The Possibilities
DraftKings is seeking to hire a Software Engineering Manager to lead one of its Architecture teams. You’ll be part of our Architecture team where you’ll work closely with senior engineers, principals, and architects driving important projects with impact across the entire engineering organization. You'll work withourDirector of Architecture and the strategy team to turn long-term initiatives into a roadmap of projects comprising of POCs, software, and best practices that are used in our products and by our product engineering teams.
What you'll do as a Software Engineering Manager in Architecture
- You will lead and manage a team of engineers to support our various teams.
- Establish strong lines of communication with a large and committed set of stakeholders.
- Grow the members of your team through career management and feedback.
- Drive technical discovery through collaboration with your engineers.
- Participate in recruiting and interviewing.
What Skills You Will Use:
- Experience managing a small team of engineers is required
- Experience working with stakeholders and contributing to product definition.
- 5 + years’ experience working in a full-stack environment at large scale
- Expertise with at least one object-oriented language like C# or Java
- 3+ years’ experience working with React, Redux, Node.js
- 3+ years' experience with data streaming technologies, building distributed systems in a Cloud Computing environment such as AWS strongly preferred.
- Experience with micro-services architectures
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes, Jenkins/Octopus/Bamboo, ELK preferred
We strive to create a place where all feel safe, empowered, engaged, championed, and inspired. DraftKings is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. This means we do not tolerate discrimination of any kind and are committed to providing equal employment opportunities regardless of your gender identity, race, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, status as a protected veteran, or status as an individual with a disability.
Ready to build what’s next? Apply now.
As a regulated gaming company, you may be required to obtain a gaming license issued by the appropriate state agency as a condition of employment.