Senior Data Engineer
DraftKings Inc. (Nasdaq: DKNG) is a digital sports entertainment and gaming company. It’s simple, at DraftKings, we believe life’s more alive with skin in the game. For that reason, we’re committed to responsibly creating the world’s favorite games and betting experiences. Headquartered in Boston, MA, with offices around the globe, we believe we can continue to define what it means to be a technology company in sports entertainment. We love what we do, and think you will too.
We use technology to create great experiences for sports fans.
Since our founding in 2012, DraftKings has been defining what it means to be a technology company in sports entertainment. To help us achieve our goals, we are growing our dynamic team in Boston, MA. Do you love working in a fast-paced environment that is constantly evolving? Are you able to use creativity to help solve problems that don’t have clear solutions? If so, then we think you will love working with us.
Love data? We do too.
We’re growing quickly and are searching for a Senior Data Engineer to act as a creative contributor, leader, and mentor to our data analysis and scalability processes. You will use your experience and expertise to provide key insights that help us make data-driven decisions. Analytical thinking drives our business and when you join our team, you’ll not only solve new problems every day, you’ll see your data solutions immediately improve our users’ experience. Sound good to you? Join us.
What you’ll do as a Senior Data Engineer:
- Design processes that support data transformation, structures, metadata, dependency, and workload management.
- Work with product owners and tech leads to implement high-quality, production-grade data pipelines and ETL processes.
- Partner with our Marketing Analytics team to build tools that provide actionable insights into key business metrics.
- Leverage your strong communication skills and experience working with global teams to be an evangelist for data engineering across the organization.
- Be flexible and able to rapidly adapt. We roll out products very quickly and priority management is key.
- Utilize your experience to mentor, guide, and advise on best practices for delivering performant solutions.
- Drive an organizational focus on performance analysis, optimization, and tuning.
What skills you will use
- 3-5 years of hands-on experience with business intelligence and data engineering, including data warehousing, delivery, and operations.
- The ability to leverage new technologies to test, build, and optimize data pipelines, transformations, architectures, and data sets.
- Strong knowledge in a variety of data engines (for example, SQL Server, MySQL, Amazon Aurora, Redshift). Snowflake experience is a big plus.
- A solid understanding of dimensional modeling is required.
- Excellent communications skills and interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams.
- Experience with data reporting tools (e.g., Tableau), data cataloging tools (e.g., Alation) and data logging/monitoring tools (e.g., Datadog) is preferred.
- Experience working in AWS, Terraform, Python, and with database replication tools/services (e.g., DMS, Attunity) is preferred.
- Experience in the Marketing Analytics or i-Gaming industry is desirable.
Who are we a good fit for?
We love working with talented people but more than that, we seek out compassionate co-workers with a collaborative spirit. Our work moves quickly and we’re great at coming together to find creative solutions to some of tech’s most interesting problems. If that sounds good to you, join us.
As a technology company at our core, DraftKings believes that the best innovation comes from diverse perspectives, thoughts, beliefs, ideas, and experiences. We consistently push boundaries and challenge the conventional to ensure our culture and products reflect the expectations of our employees, and the customers we serve.
We’re proud to believe that your gender, race, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, status as a protected veteran, or status as an individual with a disability should have nothing to do with our hiring practices. We’ll never discriminate against anyone’s background or creed. If you’re good at what you do, we want you to do it at DraftKings.
You may be required to become licensed through applicable regulatory agencies.