DraftKings Inc. (Nasdaq: DKNG) is a digital sports entertainment and gaming company. It’s simple, at DraftKings, we believe life’s more alive with skin in the game. For that reason, we’re committed to responsibly creating the world’s favorite games and betting experiences. Headquartered in Boston, MA, with offices around the globe, we believe we can continue to define what it means to be a technology company in sports entertainment. We love what we do, and think you will too.
Shape a rapidly scaling industry.
We have recently opened the DraftKings Dublin office and we are growing quickly. We’re looking for a Software Engineering Manager to lead our Mobile Team. In this role, you will lead a feature development team, that is responsible for the delivery and direction of the DraftKings’ sportsbook mobile application. You will join a successful, and growing engineering organization, and work with Product, SRE and Architects to build compelling products into a fast-paced and dynamic industry.
What you’ll do as a Manager, Software Development:
- You will lead a team of engineers to deliver business-critical features.
- Establish strong lines of communication with a large and committed set of stakeholders.
- Grow the members of your team through career management and feedback.
- Drive technical discovery through collaboration with your engineers.
- Participate in company-wide initiatives to spur innovation.
- Implement software alongside your team members when necessary.
What skills you will use:
- Experience as the expert on a development team, where you were responsible for everything from planning to delivering key features and management of those features.
- Experience with Mobile application development and deployment for Android or iOS is required.
- Expertise with at least one object-oriented language like C# or Java is required.
- Strong relational database skills using technologies like MySQL or SQL Server is required.
- Familiarity with AWS services and infrastructure is required.
- Experience developing applications using Kinesis and/or Kafka is required.
Who are we a good fit for?
We love working with talented people but more than that, we seek out compassionate co-workers with a collaborative spirit. Our work moves quickly and we’re great at coming together to find creative solutions to some of tech’s most interesting problems. If that sounds good to you, join us.
As a technology company at our core, DraftKings believes that the best innovation comes from diverse perspectives, thoughts, beliefs, ideas, and experiences. We consistently push boundaries and challenge the conventional to ensure our culture and products reflect the expectations of our employees, and the customers we serve.
We’re proud to believe that your gender, race, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, status as a protected veteran, or status as an individual with a disability should have nothing to do with our hiring practices. We’ll never discriminate against anyone’s background or creed. If you’re good at what you do, we want you to do it at DraftKings.
You may be required to become licensed through applicable regulatory agencies.