Software Engineering Manager
Las Vegas, NV
DraftKings Inc. (Nasdaq: DKNG) is a digital sports entertainment and gaming company. It’s simple, at DraftKings, we believe life’s more alive with skin in the game. For that reason, we’re committed to responsibly creating the world’s favorite games and betting experiences. Headquartered in Boston, MA, with offices around the globe, we believe we can continue to define what it means to be a technology company in sports entertainment. We love what we do, and think you will too.
We use technology to create great experiences for sports fans.
Since our founding in 2012, DraftKings has been defining what it means to be a technology company in sports entertainment. To help us achieve our goals, we are growing our dynamic team. Do you love working in a fast-paced environment that is constantly evolving? Are you able to use creativity to help solve problems that don’t have clear solutions? If so, then we think you will love working with us.
Shape a rapidly scaling industry.
We’re growing quickly and looking for a Software Engineering Manager to lead our Casino Gaming Team. You will collaborate with Product Managers, Product Owners, and Principle Architects to build out the platform that powers our growing iGaming and Casino products. Sound good to you? Join us.
What you’ll do as a Software Engineering Manager:
- Manage a team of engineers, supporting their career development and workflow.
- Define processes and programs to make your team work as efficiently as possible.
- Establish strong lines of communication with a large and committed set of stakeholders.
- Drive technical discovery through collaboration with your engineers.
- Implement software alongside your team members when necessary.
- Participate in recruiting and interviewing.
- Partner with technical leads to help drive implementation and innovation.
What skills you will use:
- Experience as the expert on a development team, where you were responsible for everything from planning to delivering key features and management of those features.
- Experience managing a small team of engineers is required.
- Experience managing or working with remote teams is preferred.
- Expertise with at least one object-oriented language like C# or Java is required.
- Experience developing applications using Kinesis and/or Kafka is required.
- Experience with real-money gaming products and platforms is preferred.
Who are we a good fit for?
We love working with talented people but more than that, we seek out compassionate co-workers with a collaborative spirit. Our work moves quickly and we’re great at coming together to find creative solutions to some of tech’s most interesting problems. If that sounds good to you, join us.
As a technology company at our core, DraftKings believes that the best innovation comes from diverse perspectives, thoughts, beliefs, ideas, and experiences. We consistently push boundaries and challenge the conventional to ensure our culture and products reflect the expectations of our employees, and the customers we serve.
We’re proud to believe that your gender, race, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, status as a protected veteran, or status as an individual with a disability should have nothing to do with our hiring practices. We’ll never discriminate against anyone’s background or creed. If you’re good at what you do, we want you to do it at DraftKings.
You may be required to become licensed through applicable regulatory agencies.