We’re reimagining sports and technology.
DraftKings is bringing sports fans closer to the games they love and becoming an essential part of their experience in the process. An industry pioneer since our founding in 2012, we believe we can continue to define what it means to be a technology company in sports entertainment. We love what we do and we think you will too.
Join a groundbreaking team.
As a member of the Delivery Management team, you will have a critical impact on what DraftKings is today and what we become tomorrow. While helping to lead a talented team of software engineers, you will serve as a liaison between the Product, Engineering, and other external or internal groups to deliver quality features on-time and maintain the health of the existing DraftKings products and platforms. Sound good to you? Join us.
What you’ll do as a Lead Product Owner
- May directly manage up to five team members.
- Support and lead change management efforts.
- You will work closely with Product Managers and Technology Leads to understand the business objectives and drive results of the work.
- Works cross-functionally with other Product Owners and groups to identify dependencies, plan initiatives, and deliver on larger product goals.
- Facilitate breaking down product requirements into sagas, epics, stories, and tasks.
- Act as the backlog representative and leader of multiple Agile development teams.
- Drives value from team meetings, ceremonies, and cadence.
- You will own the prioritization and sequencing of the backlog to align with road-maps and company strategy.
- Participate in acceptance testing and ensure relevant stakeholders do the same.
- Think creatively and analytically to help team members solve challenges and create high quality deliverable's.
What skills you will use:
- Ideally, you have 8-10 years of relevant experience in software development.
- Experience working in an Agile environment required.
- You have a portfolio illustrating delivered products and examples of the tools and methodologies used.
- Experience in data engineering, data science, and analytics is preferred.
- Experience in product management, project management, and scrum master roles is encouraged as well.
- A knowledge of information design and user scenarios is a plus.
- Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO), Certified Scrum Master (CSM), Project Management Professional (PMP), and PMI-Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP) is a plus.
Who are we a good fit for?
We love working with talented people but more than that, we seek out compassionate co-workers with a collaborative spirit. Our work moves quickly and we’re great at coming together to find creative solutions to some of tech’s most interesting problems. If that sounds good to you, join us.
We’re proud to believe that your gender, race, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, status as a protected veteran, or status as an individual with a disability should have nothing to do with our hiring practices. We’ll never discriminate against anyone’s background or creed. If you’re good at what you do, we want you to do it at DraftKings.