Senior Software Engineer, Web
We are DraftKings.
We’re inspired by our shared passion for developing creative solutions to complex challenges and empowering the people around us to do their best work. We are industry leaders in the digital entertainment and technology space propelled by constant curiosity and diverse perspectives.
Our teams are fueled by innovation. We are looking ahead, building what’s next, and continuously reinventing the industry. We’re a publicly traded (NASDAQ: DKNG) technology company headquartered in Boston, with teams around the world and an expanding global presence.
Building the possibilities.
As a Senior Software Engineer for the Front-End on the remote SEO team, you’ll help guide our product teams in implementing critical, company-wide initiatives such as page optimization, CMS integrations, content relevance and search engine optimization. Your team will be core in helping drive important initiatives and guidelines for developing front end code.
What you'll do as a Senior Software Engineer:
- Work as part of a fully remote team of highly skilled engineers located all over the US.
- Take ownership of development, maintenance, testing strategy, design discussions and operations of a front-end team, with the majority of your code in JS + React.
- Care about agility and reuse as much as you care about scalability. We roll out products very quickly and are looking for a team that can pivot at a moment’s notice.
- Guide your team and others, in design sessions and help them deliver high quality work.
- Drive the team in maintenance, implementation and improvement of the SEO front-end components for everything from UI, optimization and page speed.
- Work with teams to identify software in their products that can be optimized.
- Build efficient, well-tested user interface components in React and Redux.
- Identify bottlenecks to improve performance.
What skills you will use:
- 2+ years of development experience with React
- Proven experience working on a remote team.
- The ability to lead by influence rather than by directing
- A plus if you have experience in designing and developing for accessibility and internationalization
- Experience with SEO preferred.
- A proven ability to deliver production-quality solutions
- Ability to participate in code reviews, design reviews, and over-the-shoulder debugging.
- Experience working with modern front-end build tools, testing frameworks and practices (e.g. Node, NPM, Yarn, WebPack, React, Gatsby)
- The ability to understand, debug and improve asynchronous code
We strive to create a place where all feel safe, empowered, engaged, championed, and inspired. DraftKings is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. This means we do not tolerate discrimination of any kind and are committed to providing equal employment opportunities regardless of your gender identity, race, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, status as a protected veteran, or status as an individual with a disability.
Ready to build what’s next? Apply now.
As a regulated gaming company, you may be required to obtain a gaming license issued by the appropriate state agency as a condition of employment.