Software Engineering Intern - Summer 2021
We are DraftKings.
We’re inspired by our shared passion for developing creative solutions to complex challenges and empowering the people around us to do their best work. We are industry leaders in the digital entertainment and technology space propelled by constant curiosity and diverse perspectives.
Our teams are fueled by innovation. We are looking ahead, building what’s next, and continuously reinventing the industry. We’re a publicly traded (NASDAQ: DKNG) technology company headquartered in Boston, with teams around the world and an expanding global presence.
DraftKings is a sports entertainment company that has technology at its core. As an intern with the Engineering team, you'll be a contributor to user facing work in your first week, and own a project to to completion end to end, all while embedded in one of our Engineering teams. We feel this gives you the opportunity to learn a lot, in Software Engineering best practices, and what it is like to be a Software Engineer at DraftKings.
Past Projects/What you might work on:
- Build an integration with a Customer Service SaaS service to make handling of customer inquiries by our Customer Experience team more efficient.
- Connect some of our internal tools to the Slack API, building a custom Slackbot to make workflows that are very common much easier to follow along with.
- Allow for more personalization inside our application by creating marketing tools to target content to our users based on their interests.
What You'll Need:
- Experience writing working software, project format is a plus
- Experience with version control systems ex. git (personal or coursework)
- Study in a technical major, graduating before Summer 2022 (rising Senior)
- Exposure to object-oriented languages (e.g. C#, Java)
- Previous internship experience writing software
- An understanding of testable software (unit testing, automated end-to-end testing)
- Some experience with:
- Data layer construction (SQL preferred)
- Mobile application development (iOS or Android)
- REST API Design and Implementation
We strive to create a place where all feel safe, empowered, engaged, championed, and inspired. DraftKings is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. This means we do not tolerate discrimination of any kind and are committed to providing equal employment opportunities regardless of your gender identity, race, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, status as a protected veteran, or status as an individual with a disability.
Ready to build what’s next? Apply now.
As a regulated gaming company, you may be required to obtain a gaming license issued by the appropriate state agency as a condition of employment.