Senior Software Engineer, Backend, Consumer Innovations
DraftKings Inc. (Nasdaq: DKNG) is a digital sports entertainment and gaming company. It’s simple, at DraftKings, we believe life’s more fun with skin in the game. For that reason, we’re committed to responsibly creating the world’s favorite games and betting experiences. Headquartered in Boston, MA, with offices around the globe, we believe we can continue to define what it means to be a technology company in sports entertainment. We love what we do, and think you will too.
We use technology to create great experiences for sports fans.
Since our founding in 2012, DraftKings has been defining what it means to be a technology company in sports entertainment. To help us achieve our goals, we are building a dynamic team. Do you love working in a fast-paced environment that is constantly evolving? Are you able to use creativity to help solve problems that don’t have clear solutions? If so, then we think you will love working with us.
Building the possibilities.
As a Senior Software Engineer in Consumer Innovations, you’ll work in a focused team bringing the best new experiences to customers. You’ll be a creative contributor to our decision-making in building new features that are fun use, solid, and scalable. Sound good to you? Join us.
What you’ll do as a Backend Senior Software Engineer:
- You will be developing cloud-based systems and APIs to power new apps, and features on top of existing apps, for our big group of passionate customers.
- We care about agility as much as we care about scalability. We roll out products very quickly and are looking for team members that can pivot at a moment’s notice.
- We’re constantly growing and forming new teams, and helping talented people grow into their strengths. You’ll have the opportunity to grow into leadership-level engineering roles or transition into engineering manager roles.
What skills you will use:
- Ideally, you have 3+ years of development experience in object-oriented programming using languages such as C# or Java.
- You have a strong knowledge of OOP and REST design principles.
- You have 1+ years of relational database experience including schema design and SQL.
- You have experience writing and maintaining a comprehensive suite of unit and integration tests.
- Experience writing distributed systems in cloud computing environments such as AWS is strongly preferred.
- You can grow other engineers through code reviews, design reviews, and in 1:1 debugging sessions.
Who are we a good fit for?
We love working with talented people but more than that, we seek out compassionate co-workers with a collaborative spirit. Our work moves quickly and we’re great at coming together to find creative solutions to some of tech’s most interesting problems. If that sounds good to you, join us.
As a technology company at our core, DraftKings believes that the best innovation comes from diverse perspectives, thoughts, beliefs, ideas, and experiences. We consistently push boundaries and challenge the conventional to ensure our culture and products reflect the expectations of our employees, and the customers we serve.
We’re proud to believe that your gender, race, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, status as a protected veteran, or status as an individual with a disability should have nothing to do with our hiring practices. We’ll never discriminate against anyone’s background or creed. If you’re good at what you do, we want you to do it at DraftKings.
You may be required to become licensed through applicable regulatory agencies.