We’re reimagining sports and technology.
DraftKings is bringing sports fans closer to the games they love and becoming an essential part of their experience in the process. An industry pioneer since our founding in 2012, we believe we can continue to define what it means to be a technology company in sports entertainment. We love what we do and we think you will too.
The strategy behind the game.
DraftKings is now seeking an Accounting Manager due to recent expansion and rapid growth. If you are motivated and thrive in a fast-paced environment, this could be the role for you! The Accounting Manager will be responsible for managing a staff accountant and accounts payable clerk—and will report to the Senior Manager.
What you’ll do as an Accounting Manager:
- Manage multiple projects at once, supporting ongoing internal initiatives as well as multiple external audits.
- Play a significant role in the monthly, quarterly, and annual close process; taking a preparer and reviewer role in general ledger reconciliations and related analysis.
- Review the work of direct reports and provide comments, training, and coaching that contribute to the professional development of staff.
- Manage execution of newly implemented financial controls and update audit narratives of all procedures, processes, and reconciliations.
- Special projects as required (i.e. assisting with ad hoc and financial analysis, systems upgrades, tax matters, process improvements, etc.).
What skills you will use:
- 7+ years accounting experience - public/private mix strongly preferred.
- BA/BS in Business with an emphasis in Accounting, CPA preferred.
- Advanced Excel skills with the ability to manipulate data and present in a concise format.
- Experience with NetSuite, Coupa and SQL is a plus.
- E-Commerce or Software industry experience is a plus.
Who are we a good fit for?
We love working with talented people but more than that, we seek out compassionate co-workers with a collaborative spirit. Our work moves quickly and we’re great at coming together to find creative solutions to some of tech’s most interesting problems. If that sounds good to you, join us.
We’re proud to believe that your gender, race, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, status as a protected veteran, or status as an individual with a disability should have nothing to do with our hiring practices. We’ll never discriminate against anyone’s background or creed. If you’re good at what you do, we want you to do it at DraftKings.