Lead Data Engineer
We are DraftKings.
We’re inspired by our shared passion for developing creative solutions to complex challenges and empowering the people around us to do their best work. We are industry leaders in the digital entertainment and technology space propelled by constant curiosity and diverse perspectives.
Our teams are fueled by innovation. We are looking ahead, building what’s next, and continuously reinventing the industry. We’re a publicly traded (NASDAQ: DKNG) technology company headquartered in Boston, with teams around the world and an expanding global presence.
Building the possibilities.
DraftKings is growing quickly and we’re looking for a Lead Data Engineer to help establish and lead a data team centered around the mission of providing a best-in-class experience for our products and customers. This position requires strong technical skills and a bias toward collaboration. You will be working across teams, informing business decisions, and helping to expand our software platform.
What you'll do as a Lead Data Engineer:
- Take ownership of building data solutions to provide actionable insights into key business metrics.
- Design scalable processes that support data transformation and structures, metadata, dependency and workload management.
- Bring operational excellence with a focus on performance analysis, optimization, and tuning.
- Have the opportunity to see your personal work make an immediate impact on influential products.
- Care about agility as much as you care about scalability. We roll out products very quickly and are looking for a team that can pivot at a moment’s notice.
- Work with your team under fast deadlines to design, build, and deliver innovative applications.
- Lead your team in design sessions and ensure your team delivers high quality work that aligns with the mission of our platform.
What skills you will use:
- You have strong experience in all aspects of business intelligence and data engineering, including data warehousing, delivery, and operations.
- A deep knowledge of a variety of AWS services like Lambda, Kinesis, S3, EC2, ECS/ECR, IAM, CloudWatch, Athena, etc
- Experience working in with MPP platforms like Redshift, Snowflake, Vertica and/or Azure Data Warehouse.
- Experience provisioning Infrastructure-As-Code (IAS) with either Terraform or CloudFormation
- The ability to build and optimize data pipelines, transformations, architectures, and data sets.
- You’ll also have an advanced understanding of dimensional modeling.
We strive to create a place where all feel safe, empowered, engaged, championed, and inspired. DraftKings is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. This means we do not tolerate discrimination of any kind and are committed to providing equal employment opportunities regardless of your gender identity, race, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, status as a protected veteran, or status as an individual with a disability.
Ready to build what’s next? Apply now.
As a regulated gaming company, you may be required to obtain a gaming license issued by the appropriate state agency as a condition of employment.