Corporate Operations Engineer
We are DraftKings.
We’re inspired by our shared passion for developing creative solutions to complex challenges and empowering the people around us to do their best work. We are industry leaders in the digital entertainment and technology space propelled by constant curiosity and diverse perspectives.
Our teams are fueled by innovation. We are looking ahead, building what’s next, and continuously reinventing the industry. We’re a publicly traded (NASDAQ: DKNG) technology company headquartered in Boston, with teams around the world and an expanding global presence.
Join a groundbreaking team!
The DraftKings Corporate Operations Team is searching for a Corporate Operations Engineer to help with the design, build-out, and support of our core infrastructure and information security systems. The Corporate Operations team has significant presence within large cloud providers. We are an evolving group of forward-thinking individuals who want to use automation when possible to scale, transform, innovate, and make an impact within the company while also furthering team members’ overall knowledge base.
Technical skills needed as a Corporate Operations Engineer:
- One to three years of Linux and Windows systems administration.
- Strong knowledge of TCP/IP network fundamentals (OSI model).
- Experience with AWS cloud infrastructure including S3, EC2, EBS, ALB-NLB-ELB, RDS, IAM, and DNS.
- Experience managing Active Directory on-premise as well as Azure AD.
- Experience writing and applying Group Policy and an understanding of the FSMO roles.
- Solid understanding of SAML to connect IdPs and SPs for authentication and authorization.
- Thirst to understand new technologies and engineer integrations between systems.
- Ability to translate engineered solutions to detailed technical documentation.
Technical skills which are nice to have as a Corporate Operations Engineer:
- Server administration using SCCM, SSM, or other industry standards
- Experience with monitoring tools such as LogicMonitor, DataDog, and CloudWatch.
- Scripting in commonly used languages such as bash, python, and PowerShell.
- Understanding of the Infrastructure-As-Code approach when using industry standard tools such as Terraform or Ansible.
- Git version control and Bitbucket code review.
Soft skills you’ll need as a Corporate Operations Engineer:
- Can-do attitude and adaptive to a rapidly changing environment.
- Excellent time management skills, handling multiple priorities with individual deadlines.
- Ability to translate technical ideas to coworkers in a helpful, non-judgmental, non-condescending way.
What you’ll do as a Corporate Operations Engineer:
- Work within and outside of our team to discuss and collaborate on ideas and solutions.
- Build out new infrastructure in cloud providers.
- Develop metrics to measure system performance and availability and implement best practices.
- Diagnose and troubleshoot problems from Layer 1 to Layer 7
- Create scripts to aid in maintenance or operation of assigned duties.
- Participate in a weekly on-call rotation.
- Solve difficult challenges while providing high level platform uptime and availability.
- Learn, teach, explore, understand.
We strive to create a place where all feel safe, empowered, engaged, championed, and inspired. DraftKings is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. This means we do not tolerate discrimination of any kind and are committed to providing equal employment opportunities regardless of your gender identity, race, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, status as a protected veteran, or status as an individual with a disability.
Ready to build what’s next? Apply now.
As a regulated gaming company, you may be required to obtain a gaming license issued by the appropriate state agency as a condition of employment.