DraftKings Inc. (Nasdaq: DKNG) is a digital sports entertainment and gaming company. It’s simple, at DraftKings, we believe life’s more alive with skin in the game. For that reason, we’re committed to responsibly creating the world’s favorite games and betting experiences. Headquartered in Boston, MA, with offices around the globe, we believe we can continue to define what it means to be a technology company in sports entertainment. We love what we do, and think you will too.
We use technology to create great experiences for sports fans.
Since our founding in 2012, DraftKings has been defining what it means to be a technology company in sports entertainment. To help us achieve our goals, we are growing our dynamic team in Boston. Do you love working in a fast-paced environment that is constantly evolving? Are you able to use creativity to help solve problems that don’t have clear solutions? If so, then we think you will love working with us.
The strategy behind the game.
We’re growing rapidly and searching for a Payroll Specialist to own our global bi-weekly and monthly payrolls, ensuring accuracy and compliance with all applicable regulations. You will work with the People Operations team to proactively build payroll and HRIS processes that are scalable, efficient, and accurate as the company grows. This person will be organized, driven by quality, analytically minded, and ready to solve complicated problems. Sound good to you? Join us.
What you’ll do as a Payroll Specialist:
- Manage the full cycle global payroll: bi-weekly payroll runs for the US and monthly payrolls for Ireland, UK, Australia, and Canada.
- Collect and maintain payroll information and calculate payroll on a bi-weekly basis, including reviewing, and importing timecards for hourly employees.
- Prepares monthly reports for Finance team; compiling summaries of earnings, taxes, deductions, and 401k contributions.
- Responsible for providing proper SOX compliance documentation to internal and external auditors.
- Follows federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation.
- Maintain employee confidence and protect payroll operations by keeping information confidential.
What skills you will use:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Human Resources, or equivalent experience is preferred.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of payroll experience.
- Processing multi-state and international payrolls for over 1,000 employees.
- Experience with Paylocity and HRIS Implementations, Workday preferred.
- Problem analysis and problem resolution skills including complex accounting issues.
- Ability to work with highly confidential and sensitive information and maintain confidentiality.
Who are we a good fit for?
We love working with talented people but more than that, we seek out compassionate co-workers with a collaborative spirit. Our work moves quickly and we’re great at coming together to find creative solutions to some of tech’s most interesting problems. If that sounds good to you, join us.
As a technology company at our core, DraftKings believes that the best innovation comes from diverse perspectives, thoughts, beliefs, ideas, and experiences. We consistently push boundaries and challenge the conventional to ensure our culture and products reflect the expectations of our employees, and the customers we serve.
We’re proud to believe that your gender, race, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, status as a protected veteran, or status as an individual with a disability should have nothing to do with our hiring practices. We’ll never discriminate against anyone’s background or creed. If you’re good at what you do, we want you to do it at DraftKings.
You may be required to become licensed through applicable regulatory agencies.