Software Engineering Manager, Online Sportsbook
We are DraftKings.
We’re inspired by our shared passion for developing creative solutions to complex challenges and empowering the people around us to do their best work. We are industry leaders in the digital entertainment and technology space propelled by constant curiosity and diverse perspectives.
Our teams are fueled by innovation. We are looking ahead, building what’s next, and continuously reinventing the industry. We’re a publicly traded (NASDAQ: DKNG) technology company headquartered in Boston, with teams around the world and an expanding global presence.
DraftKings is seeking to hire a Software Engineering Manager to lead one of its Sportsbook Engineering teams. The Sportsbook Merchandising division is responsible for delivering the right markets, promotions and marketing offers to the right users at the right time, while also building new exciting features for the product to continuously enhance the user experience. We expect this manager to work closely with the team's current Technical Lead and Product Managers, while owning the engineering roadmap and providing career guidance to the team.
What you’ll do as a Software Engineering Manager:
- You will lead and manage a team of engineers to support our various teams.
- Establish strong lines of communication with a large and committed set of stakeholders.
- Grow the members of your team through career management and feedback.
- Drive technical discovery through collaboration with your engineers.
- Implement software alongside your team members when necessary.
- Participate in recruiting and interviewing.
What skills you will use:
- 5 + years’ experience working in a full-stack environment at large scale
- Expertise with at least one object-oriented language like C# or Java
- 3+ years’ experience working with React, Redux, Node.js
- 3+ years' experience with data streaming technologies, building distributed systems in a Cloud Computing environment such as AWS strongly preferred.
- Experience managing a small team of engineers is required
- Experience managing or working with remote teams is preferred
- Experience working with stakeholders and contributing to product definition.
We strive to create a place where all feel safe, empowered, engaged, championed, and inspired. DraftKings is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. This means we do not tolerate discrimination of any kind and are committed to providing equal employment opportunities regardless of your gender identity, race, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, status as a protected veteran, or status as an individual with a disability.
Ready to build what’s next? Apply now.
As a regulated gaming company, you may be required to obtain a gaming license issued by the appropriate state agency as a condition of employment.