Lead Problem Manager
We are DraftKings.
We’re inspired by our shared passion for developing creative solutions to complex challenges and empowering the people around us to do their best work. We are industry leaders in the digital entertainment and technology space propelled by constant curiosity and diverse perspectives.
Our teams are fueled by innovation. We are looking ahead, building what’s next, and continuously reinventing the industry. We’re a publicly traded (NASDAQ: DKNG) technology company headquartered in Boston, with teams around the world and an expanding global presence.
The strategy behind the game.
We’re growing rapidly and are searching for a Lead Problem Manager to support our Problem Management team. When you join us, you will play a vital role in tracking production incidents, reporting production incident trends to engineering leadership, and developing best practices for the engineering team. This is a collaborative role with a high level of autonomy and as a leader within the team, you will help deliver complex problems while serving as a domain expert on monitoring and alerting practices. Sound good to you? Join us.
What you’ll do as a Lead Problem Manager:
- Help to continuously define and improve the Incident Response Process for DraftKings Engineering.
- Continuously monitor and update the roadmap priorities with management.
- Identify areas where standardization of process will aid incident response.
- Lead and deliver on complex projects with a high level of autonomy.
- Ensure standards are maintained within the engineering organization.
- Communicate with stakeholders as necessary about status, resolution, and success criteria for incidents.
- Identify inefficiencies in team processes and create plans to address them.
- Record and document all timelines, action items, and resources required for incidents.
- Facilitate the Root Cause Analysis process and ensure the investigation identifies the correct action items to prevent recurrence.
What skills you will use:
- Ideally, you have at least 5 years of relevant problem management experience.
- You are analytical by nature and have the ability to solve complex problems with information technology software and hardware.
- High level of organization to maintain incident logs and process incident reports for review with management.
- Ability to translate high-level objectives into tactical tasks that can be executed upon.
- Familiarity with PagerDuty and Atlassian a plus.
- You have strong verbal and written communication skills.
We strive to create a place where all feel safe, empowered, engaged, championed, and inspired. DraftKings is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. This means we do not tolerate discrimination of any kind and are committed to providing equal employment opportunities regardless of your gender identity, race, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, status as a protected veteran, or status as an individual with a disability.
Ready to build what’s next? Apply now.
As a regulated gaming company, you may be required to obtain a gaming license issued by the appropriate state agency as a condition of employment.