Network Operations Engineer
Dublin City Centre, IE
We are DraftKings.
We’re inspired by our shared passion for developing creative solutions to complex challenges and empowering the people around us to do their best work. We are industry leaders in the digital entertainment and technology space propelled by constant curiosity and diverse perspectives.
Our teams are fueled by innovation. We are looking ahead, building what’s next, and continuously reinventing the industry. We’re a publicly traded (NASDAQ: DKNG) technology company headquartered in Boston, with teams around the world and an expanding global presence.
Join a groundbreaking company.
We’re growing rapidly and searching for a Network Operations Engineer to design, build, and support our core network infrastructure and information security systems, both in the cloud and on the premises. Our team consists of forward-thinking individuals who want to disrupt the traditional mold through progressive design, automation, and system implementation practices. If this sounds good to you then join us!
What you’ll do as a Network Operations Engineer:
- Establish networking environments by designing system configurations, directing system installations, and defining/enforcing system standards.
- Maximize performance by monitoring network activity, troubleshooting network problems and outages, scheduling upgrades, and collaborating with IT architects on network optimization.
- Secure network system by establishing and enforcing policies while defining and monitoring access.
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities and reading professional publications.
- Report network operational status by gathering information, managing projects, and configuring/installing various network devices and services (e.g., routers, switches, firewalls, VPNs).
What skills you will use:
- 5+ years of relevant professional experience.
- Required experience with cloud platforms: Amazon Web Service and/or Google Cloud Platform private cloud design, integration with legacy data center and public/private and hybrid cloud-based on all major technologies.
- Preferred hands-on experience with: Either Fortigate firewalls, Juniper or Aruba switches.
- Deep understanding of networking protocols (e.g., IPSEC, VRRP, BGP, OSPF, 802.11, QoS).
- Broad knowledge of build, integration, deployment, and provisioning of large-scale networks.
- Good understanding of Layer 2 and Layer 3 concepts. Routers, switches, and firewall configuration experience, in addition to L4-L7 application delivery.
We strive to create a place where all feel safe, empowered, engaged, championed, and inspired. DraftKings is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. This means we do not tolerate discrimination of any kind and are committed to providing equal employment opportunities regardless of your gender identity, race, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, status as a protected veteran, or status as an individual with a disability.
Ready to build what’s next? Apply now.
As a regulated gaming company, you may be required to obtain a gaming license issued by the appropriate state agency as a condition of employment.