We’re reimagining sports and technology.
DraftKings is bringing sports fans closer to the games they love and becoming an essential part of their experience in the process. An industry pioneer since our founding in 2012, we believe we can continue to define what it means to be a technology company in sports entertainment. We love what we do and we think you will too.
Are you a people person?
We are looking for a high performing, innovative and creative Human Resources Business Partner to collaborate with our VP of Talent Management and members of our Executive leadership team to design and deliver strategies to enable, motivate, develop and retain our employees. Further, this role will help the business evolve the working methods and organizational structure at DraftKings to ensure success as we rapidly grow and scale to meet the incredible opportunity before us. This role will provide HR Business partnership and support for our Marketing, Finance, Business Planning and Workplace Experience organizations.
What you’ll do as a Human Resources Business Partner:
- You will build the strategic partner relationship with all levels of management and employees in the organizations that you support
- Understand our business strategy, vision, goals, challenges and opportunities. You’ll anticipate, evaluate and help the business address organizational issues and growth-related challenges.
- You will drive the execution of the employee lifecycle in partnership with our Learning and Development team (i.e. OKR/goal setting, performance management, rewards planning, promotions, etc.).
- Identify learning and development needs across the organization and implement initiatives that aid in developing our employees and optimize for their success.
- Support our leaders and employees by designing and developing the following: management fundamentals, new hire enablement, coaching services (internal and external) and professional development and learning tools for our employees.
- Identify high potential employees and advise leaders on strategies and initiatives to ensure their retention and growth (including growth and development plans, enablement programs, organizational change, and employee communications)
- Provide consultation and strategic counsel to leadership on organizational design and structure to optimize business outcomes
- You will partner with the VP of Talent Management and the entire people team to design an enviable company culture that sets the standard for the technology industry.
- You will partner with our recruiting team to support the hiring of top talent while working together to ensure an exceptional onboarding experience and new hire effectiveness.
- Leverage data to support program designs and prioritization of people related initiatives.
- A minimum of 7 years of experience is required where you have supported senior leaders in the capacity of a HR Business Partner and/or Senior Generalist
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree is required
- Comfort and desire to work in a fast-paced, high growth environment
- Demonstrated experience partnering with senior leadership on strategic initiatives; headcount planning, organizational design, succession planning, talent management and other HR initiatives is required
- Analytical, and highly detail oriented mindset, with a passion for using data to drive decisions and program design
- Desire to be involved in all aspects of our team’s growth by designing, building, testing and experimenting with innovative ideas
- Passion for the professional growth of our employees and derive a deep sense of satisfaction from helping employees realize their full potential through effective and inspirational leadership, work alignment and culture
- Ability to work through change and learn from setbacks, see tough problems as challenges and a growth opportunity and work through them with a positive attitude.
- Desire to challenge the norms of traditional HR by proposing improvements to our organization design, current practices and rewards
Who are we a good fit for?
We love working with talented people but more than that, we seek out compassionate co-workers with a collaborative spirit. Our work moves quickly and we’re great at coming together to find creative solutions to some of tech’s most interesting problems. If that sounds good to you, join us.
We’re proud to believe that your gender, race, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, status as a protected veteran, or status as an individual with a disability should have nothing to do with our hiring practices. We’ll never discriminate against anyone’s background or creed. If you’re good at what you do, we want you to do it at DraftKings.