We’re reimagining sports and technology.
DraftKings is bringing sports fans closer to the games they love and becoming an essential part of their experience in the process. An industry pioneer since our founding in 2012, we believe we can continue to define what it means to be a technology company in sports entertainment. We love what we do and we think you will too.
Shape a rapidly scaling industry.
We’re growing quickly and are looking for a Tech Lead to join the Marketing Platform team. Working closely with Software Engineers, Data Scientists, Data Engineers, Analysts, and key stakeholders, you will build out a platform of software that helps us communicate with our customers and personalize content across our products.
What you’ll do as a Technical Lead:
- Take ownership of the design, development, and operations of API services as well as internal tools written primarily in C# and TypeScript with SQL and NoSQL databases hosted in AWS.
- Provide significant input to product vision for how your team’s software should evolve as a coherent technical platform to deliver personalized communications for the broader engineering team.
- Represent engineering concerns for the systems your team owns.
- Lead your team in design sessions and ensure high quality work that aligns with DraftKings engineering strategy.
- Mentor other engineers on your team and help them improve their technical skills.
What skills you will use:
- Ideally, you have experience as the ‘expert’ on a development team where you were responsible for everything from planning to delivering key features and management of those features.
- Expertise with at least one object-oriented language like C# or Java.
- You have strong relational database skills and are comfortable using non-relational data stores like DynamoDB, ElasticSearch and Redis.
- Familiarity with cloud (we use AWS) infrastructure and architecture best practices.
- You also have the ability to write comprehensive automated test suites at all levels of the architecture.
- Prior experience helping scale a rapidly growing company is a plus.
Who are we a good fit for?
We love working with talented people but more than that, we seek out compassionate co-workers with a collaborative spirit. Our work moves quickly and we’re great at coming together to find creative solutions to some of tech’s most interesting problems. If that sounds good to you, join us.
We’re proud to believe that your gender, race, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, status as a protected veteran, or status as an individual with a disability should have nothing to do with our hiring practices. We’ll never discriminate against anyone’s background or creed. If you’re good at what you do, we want you to do it at DraftKings.