Lead Software Engineer, Video Streaming
Tel Aviv, IL
We are DraftKings.
We’re inspired by our shared passion for developing creative solutions to complex challenges and empowering the people around us to do their best work. We are industry leaders in the digital entertainment and technology space propelled by constant curiosity and diverse perspectives.
Our teams are fueled by innovation. We are looking ahead, building what’s next, and continuously reinventing the industry. We’re a publicly traded (NASDAQ: DKNG) technology company headquartered in Boston, with teams around the world and an expanding global presence.
Building the possibilities.
As a Senior Software Engineer, you’ll be part of one of our multidisciplinary teams, where you’ll work closely with designers, product managers, and data analysts. You’ll be a creative contributor to our processes and decision-making, so when we build new features, we can ensure the entire platform's scalability and availability. Sounds good to you? Join us.
What you’ll do as a Lead Video Streaming Engineer:
- You will be developing systems and APIs that power a rich set of applications used by a large and passionate group of users every day.
- You will focus on the end-to-end video delivery chain from live video injection into cloud distribution systems, format transcoding, to device playback on HTML5 client devices.
- Care about agility as much as you care about scalability. We roll out products very quickly and look for a team that can pivot at a moment’s notice.
- We’re constantly growing and forming new teams; you will lead either as an engineer or transition into a manager role.
What skills you will use:
- Ideally, you have multiple years of development experience in object-oriented programming using languages such as C# or Java.
- You understand the theory of operation, SW interfacing, and control of modern video capture, injection, and MUX hardware.
- You have a strong knowledge of OOP and REST design principles
- Relational database experience, including schema design and SQL.
- You also have experience writing and maintaining a comprehensive suite of unit and integration tests.
- Experience writing distributed systems in a Cloud Computing environment such as AWS strongly preferred.
- Ability to grow other engineers through code reviews, design reviews, and over-the-shoulder debugging.
We strive to create a place where all feel safe, empowered, engaged, championed, and inspired. DraftKings is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. This means we do not tolerate discrimination of any kind and are committed to providing equal employment opportunities regardless of your gender identity, race, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, status as a protected veteran, or status as an individual with a disability.
Ready to build what’s next? Apply now.
As a regulated gaming company, you may be required to obtain a gaming license issued by the appropriate state agency as a condition of employment.