Security Operations Engineer
Dublin City Centre, IE
DraftKings Inc. (Nasdaq: DKNG) is a digital sports entertainment and gaming company. It’s simple, at DraftKings, we believe life’s more alive with skin in the game. For that reason, we’re committed to responsibly creating the world’s favorite games and betting experiences. Headquartered in Boston, MA, with offices around the globe, we believe we can continue to define what it means to be a technology company in sports entertainment. We love what we do, and think you will too.
We use technology to create great experiences for sports fans.
Since our founding in 2012, DraftKings has been defining what it means to be a technology company in sports entertainment. To help us achieve our goals, we are building a dynamic team. Do you love working in a fast-paced environment that is constantly evolving? Are you able to use creativity to help solve problems that don’t have clear solutions? If so, then we think you will love working with us.
Join a groundbreaking team.
As a member of the Information Security Team, you’ll be continuously attacking and defending the DraftKings web applications, cloud environments, onPrem datacenters and networks to ensure security for our data, systems, customers and employees. Our team consists of forward-thinking individuals who want to disrupt the traditional mold through progressive design, automation, and system implementation practices.
What you’ll do as a Security Engineer:
- Identify and apply relevant security best practices across DraftKings applications and infrastructure.
- Triage information security alerts and take appropriate action when real threats are discovered.
- Design and audit cloud security solutions to detect and prevent malware, breaches or loss of data.
- Coordinate with IT, site reliability, and engineering teams to track and ensure security findings get resolved in a timely manner.
- Research, design, and advocate new technologies, architectures, and security solutions that will protect DK’s cloud & onPrem systems.
What skills you will use:
- Thorough understanding of core Information Security principles such as CIA triad, malware, vulnerabilities, exploits, attacks, firewalls, intrusion detection/prevention systems, etc.
- Scripting or development experience in either Python, Ruby, PowerShell, C#/.Net, etc., and extensive operations experience in either Linux or Windows operating systems.
- Security experience in one or more of: JS, C, C#, C++, cryptography, reverse engineering, common web vulnerabilities (SQLi, XSS, CSRF), exploit development.
- Experience applying and managing infosec systems such as Rapid7 Products, Palo Alto Prisma, AWS Guard Duty, bug bounty programs, EDR systems, MS ATA etc.
- Experience in securing on-premise IT assets, office networks and also cloud infrastructure.
- Knowledge of Web app vulnerabilities (preferably OWASP Top 10). Web app penetration testing using tools such as Nikto, Sqlmap, Burp Suite is a plus.
Who are we a good fit for?
We love working with talented people but more than that, we seek out compassionate co-workers with a collaborative spirit. Our work moves quickly and we’re great at coming together to find creative solutions to some of tech’s most interesting problems. If that sounds good to you, join us.
As a technology company at our core, DraftKings believes that the best innovation comes from diverse perspectives, thoughts, beliefs, ideas, and experiences. We consistently push boundaries and challenge the conventional to ensure our culture and products reflect the expectations of our employees, and the customers we serve.
We’re proud to believe that your gender, race, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, status as a protected veteran, or status as an individual with a disability should have nothing to do with our hiring practices. We’ll never discriminate against anyone’s background or creed. If you’re good at what you do, we want you to do it at DraftKings.
You may be required to become licensed through applicable regulatory agencies.