Senior Software Engineer, Mobile (Online Sportsbook)
We are DraftKings.
We’re inspired by our shared passion for developing creative solutions to complex challenges and empowering the people around us to do their best work. We are industry leaders in the digital entertainment and technology space propelled by constant curiosity and diverse perspectives.
Our teams are fueled by innovation. We are looking ahead, building what’s next, and continuously reinventing the industry. We’re a publicly traded (NASDAQ: DKNG) technology company headquartered in Boston, with teams around the world and an expanding global presence.
Shape a rapidly scaling part of Engineering.
As a Senior Software Engineer, you’ll be part of one of our multidisciplinary teams where you’ll work closely with designers, product managers, and data analysts. You’ll be a creative contributor to our processes and decision-making so when we build new features, we can ensure scalability and availability of the entire platform. Sound good to you? Join us.
What you'll do as a Senior Software Engineer:
- You will be developing frameworks and APIs for our mobile app platforms that power a rich set of applications used by a large and passionate group of users every day.
- You will evaluate and apply of state-of-the-art capabilities and development practices in the Android ecosystem.
- You will work to enable consistent and low-friction sharing of common functionality between DraftKings apps.
- You will collaborate with our product teams to improve their software and implement best practices
What skills you will use:
- Ideally, you have 3+ years of experience in mobile development, using one or more of: Android (Java/Kotlin), iOS (mainly Swift, some Objective C), Xamarin (C#).
- You have a strong knowledge of native operating system capabilities, app signing and deployment processes, and consumer app best practices.
- You have experience writing and maintaining a comprehensive suite of automated unit and integration tests.
- You have a solid understanding of how apps communicate with backend services.
- You have the ability and desire to grow other engineers through code reviews, design reviews, and over-the-shoulder debugging.
We strive to create a place where all feel safe, empowered, engaged, championed, and inspired. DraftKings is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. This means we do not tolerate discrimination of any kind and are committed to providing equal employment opportunities regardless of your gender identity, race, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, status as a protected veteran, or status as an individual with a disability.
Ready to build what’s next? Apply now.
As a regulated gaming company, you may be required to obtain a gaming license issued by the appropriate state agency as a condition of employment.