Senior Software Engineer, Mobile (Online Sportsbook)
We are DraftKings.
We’re inspired by our shared passion for developing creative solutions to complex challenges and empowering the people around us to do their best work. We are industry leaders in the digital entertainment and technology space propelled by constant curiosity and diverse perspectives.
Our teams are fueled by innovation. We are looking ahead, building what’s next, and continuously reinventing the industry. We’re a publicly traded (NASDAQ: DKNG) technology company headquartered in Boston, with teams around the world and an expanding global presence.
Shape a rapidly scaling part of Engineering.
As a Senior Software Engineer, Mobile for Sportsbook you will be working on a squad of native engineers that is dedicated to the Sportsbook domain and roadmap. This team is responsible for displaying marketing's to bet on, showing the right promotions to the user and the betslip/my bets (similar to a checkout feature in e-commerce). They do this while taking into all regulations related to the state the user is in. You will be responsible for delivering features and working on bugs. You will be reviewing code for other engineers and be on a rotation to release the native app to end users. You will work with designers and product managers to review UI/UX to make the best product for the Sportsbook users.
What you'll do as a Senior Software Engineer:
- You will be working on a squad with other mobile engineers that is dedicated to Sportsbook domain and responsible for displaying marketings to bet on, showing the right promotions to the user and checkout system of betting
- You will be developing new features, iterating on the current systems, and maintaining our high code quality
- You will work with design and product managers to review UI/UX to make the best product for our Sportsbook users
- You will collaborate with other engineers on your team to code review, functional test and release iOS and Android builds
What skills you will use:
- Ideally, you have 3+ years of experience in mobile development, using one or more of: Xamarin/Xamarin.Forms (C#), Android (Java/Kotlin), iOS (mainly Swift, some Objective C)
- You have a strong knowledge of native operating system capabilities, app signing and deployment processes, and consumer app best practices.
- You have experience writing and maintaining a comprehensive suite of automated unit and integration tests.
- You have a solid understanding of how apps communicate with backend services.
- You have the ability and desire to grow other engineers through code reviews, design reviews, and over-the-shoulder debugging.
We strive to create a place where all feel safe, empowered, engaged, championed, and inspired. DraftKings is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. This means we do not tolerate discrimination of any kind and are committed to providing equal employment opportunities regardless of your gender identity, race, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, status as a protected veteran, or status as an individual with a disability.
Ready to build what’s next? Apply now.
As a regulated gaming company, you may be required to obtain a gaming license issued by the appropriate state agency as a condition of employment.