Senior Lead Software Engineer, Architecture, Backend
We are DraftKings.
We’re inspired by our shared passion for developing creative solutions to complex challenges and empowering the people around us to do their best work. We are industry leaders in the digital entertainment and technology space propelled by constant curiosity and diverse perspectives.
Our teams are fueled by innovation. We are looking ahead, building what’s next, and continuously reinventing the industry. We’re a publicly traded (NASDAQ: DKNG) technology company headquartered in Boston, with teams around the world and an expanding global presence.
Building the Possibilities
As Senior Lead Software Engineer in Architecture, you’ll lead a squad in designing and developing core software used by the engineers creating our products. Your squad will help define best practices and architect solutions to implement them in software. You’ll be hands on in creating libraries for internal developers to produce top-notch products. You’ll lead workshops, architecture spotlights and guide teams in utilizing that software and processes.
What you'll do as a Senior Lead Software Engineer in Architecture:
- Lead a backend squad in architecting and implementing best practice solutions to critical problems
- Hands on coding and code reviews
- Lead workshops and guide teams in using the software
- Mentorship and leadership of engineers on the squad
- Lead the maintenance, implementation and improvement of core infrastructure components
- Work with teams to identify software in their products that can be componentized for company-wide reuse
What skills you will need:
- The ability to lead by influence rather than by directing
- You’ll be comfortable with designing software libraries and APIs
- Experience designing and implementing scalable, fault-tolerant, cloud-based distributed systems - preferably in the public cloud (AWS, Azure or Google Cloud)
- Experience with micro-services architectures and methodologies like 12 factor app design
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes, Jenkins/Octopus/Bamboo, ELK
- Experience working with CI/CD process and tools, testing frameworks and practices
- A background in object-oriented programming in a language such as Java, C#
- Experience with technologies and patterns such as circuit-breaking, backpressure/streaming and message queues, distributed caching
- The ability to understand, debug and improve complex asynchronous code
We strive to create a place where all feel safe, empowered, engaged, championed, and inspired. DraftKings is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. This means we do not tolerate discrimination of any kind and are committed to providing equal employment opportunities regardless of your gender identity, race, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, status as a protected veteran, or status as an individual with a disability.
Ready to build what’s next? Apply now.
As a regulated gaming company, you may be required to obtain a gaming license issued by the appropriate state agency as a condition of employment.