Senior Manager, Business Development (Content Distribution)
We are DraftKings.
We’re inspired by our shared passion for developing creative solutions to complex challenges and empowering the people around us to do their best work. We are industry leaders in the digital entertainment and technology space propelled by constant curiosity and diverse perspectives.
Our teams are fueled by innovation. We are looking ahead, building what’s next, and continuously reinventing the industry. We’re a publicly traded (NASDAQ: DKNG) technology company headquartered in Boston, with teams around the world and an expanding global presence.
Lead a growing team.
We’re seeking a Senior Manager to build and execute best-in-class partnerships in the sports and media industries. In this role, you will liaise with internal content stakeholders and assist in the strategy formation in creating content for different distribution platforms. You’ll also work to secure and optimize distribution deals for our programming content. Sound good to you? Join us!
What you’ll do as a Senior Manager, Business Development:
- Identify, evaluate, and execute potential distribution opportunities including partnerships, relationships, new business concepts, and other growth initiatives.
- Support Head of Content Distribution and broader BD team in deal structuring, negotiation, and execution of agreements, including standard contracts and strategic distribution partnerships.
- Help source traditional and non-traditional content distribution outlets for short form and long form sports-betting related content, which includes VSiN content.
- Partner with BD Directors of Leagues, Teams & Media companies to execute on collective vision and strategy, as well as work closely with the VSiN team to understand their content creation and distribution needs and goals.
- Develop and build relationships with distribution outlets and be involved in the negotiations and contract discussions related to the distribution.
- Conduct due diligence and analysis to make recommendations to Senior Leadership.
- Work with finance on modeling the economic impact and cost-benefit of the actual and potential deals, and legal in terms of getting the contracts with the distributors to execution.
- Assist in the preparation of senior management deal summaries and strategy presentations.
What skills you will use:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field.
- You have at least 5-7 years of experience in content distribution.
- Experience in structuring and negotiating commercial agreements.
- Experience in financial modeling, problem solving, strategic thinking and Microsoft Office Skills.
- Proven track record of managing multiple priority projects simultaneously while maintaining exceptional attention to detail.
- Ability to inspire creativity internally and externally around opportunities.
- Ability to frequently travel.
We strive to create a place where all feel safe, empowered, engaged, championed, and inspired. DraftKings is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. This means we do not tolerate discrimination of any kind and are committed to providing equal employment opportunities regardless of your gender identity, race, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, status as a protected veteran, or status as an individual with a disability.
Ready to build what’s next? Apply now.
As a regulated gaming company, you may be required to obtain a gaming license issued by the appropriate state agency as a condition of employment.