Senior Problem Manager
DraftKings Inc. (Nasdaq: DKNG) is a digital sports entertainment and gaming company. It’s simple, at DraftKings, we believe life’s more alive with skin in the game. For that reason, we’re committed to responsibly creating the world’s favorite games and betting experiences. Headquartered in Boston, MA, with offices around the globe, we believe we can continue to define what it means to be a technology company in sports entertainment. We love what we do, and think you will too.
We use technology to create great experiences for sports fans.
Since our founding in 2012, DraftKings has been defining what it means to be a technology company in sports entertainment. To help us achieve our goals, we are building a dynamic team in Boston. Do you love working in a fast-paced environment that is constantly evolving? Are you able to use creativity to help solve problems that don’t have clear solutions? If so, then we think you will love working with us.
The strategy behind the game.
We are developing our systems and support to provide game-changing experiences for our users. In that vein, we are looking to hire for our Problem Management team. The Problem Management organization is responsible for tracking production incidents, reporting production incident trends to engineering leadership, and developing best practices for the engineering team.
What you’ll do as a Senior Problem Manager on Problem Management:
- Help to continuously define and improve the Incident Response Process for DraftKings Engineering.
- Continuously monitoring and updating the roadmap priorities with management.
- Work with leadership to help define standards for incident mitigation.
- Ensure standards are maintained within engineering organization.
- Communicate with stakeholders as necessary about status, resolution, and success criteria for incidents.
- Record and document all timelines, action items, and resources required for incidents.
- Help with the Root Cause Analysis process and share information requests to technical resources involved.
What skills you will use:
- Solve complex problems with information technology software and hardware.
- Maintain incident logs and process incident reports for review with management.
- Develop procedural runbooks for various Production Incident resolutions.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to translate high-level objectives into tactical tasks that can be executed upon.
- Familiarity with PagerDuty and Atlassian is a plus.
Who are we a good fit for?
We love working with talented people but more than that, we seek out compassionate co-workers with a collaborative spirit. Our work moves quickly and we’re great at coming together to find creative solutions to some of tech’s most interesting problems. If that sounds good to you, join us.
As a technology company at our core, DraftKings believes that the best innovation comes from diverse perspectives, thoughts, beliefs, ideas, and experiences. We consistently push boundaries and challenge the conventional to ensure our culture and products reflect the expectations of our employees, and the customers we serve.
We’re proud to believe that your gender, race, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, status as a protected veteran, or status as an individual with a disability should have nothing to do with our hiring practices. We’ll never discriminate against anyone’s background or creed. If you’re good at what you do, we want you to do it at DraftKings.
You may be required to become licensed through applicable regulatory agencies.