Privacy Compliance Manager
We are DraftKings.
We’re inspired by our shared passion for developing creative solutions to complex challenges and empowering the people around us to do their best work. We are industry leaders in the digital entertainment and technology space propelled by constant curiosity and diverse perspectives.
Our teams are fueled by innovation. We are looking ahead, building what’s next, and continuously reinventing the industry. We’re a publicly traded (NASDAQ: DKNG) technology company headquartered in Boston, with teams around the world and an expanding global presence.
The strategy behind the game.
We’re growing rapidly and are searching for a Privacy Compliance Manager located in the EU or UK to support a wide range of functions, including compliance with the evolving landscape of EU, UK, U.S., and other international data protection laws and regulations. When you join us, you’ll play a key role in developing and driving smart privacy compliance strategies from the ground up. Sound good to you? Join us.
What you will do as Privacy Compliance Manager:
- Manage all aspects of global data privacy with a focus on GDPR compliance for EU and UK-located companies in a fast-paced, complex corporate environment
- Assist the Company in conducting comprehensive data inventories of data systems and repositories used by EU and UK subsidiaries
- Assist in developing and maintaining records of processing activities for EU and UK subsidiaries
- Counsel business stakeholders on data protection issues and practical solutions in a broad range of commercial and corporate contexts
- Manage and oversee the completion of legitimate interest and data protection impact assessments for EU and UK companies
- Manage timely responses to and fulfillment of data subject rights requests for access, portability, erasure, and other matters
- Conduct and assist in the implementation of company-wide training on global data protection requirements
What skills you will use:
- A minimum of 5 years of experience across all areas of data privacy compliance in either a reputable law firm or technology company, with experience in online gaming preferred
- Strong academic credentials and either a law degree and bar admission in the EU or UK or a bachelor’s degree and CIPP/E and CIPP/M certifications held for a minimum of 2 years
- An in-depth command of EU, UK, U.S., and other global data privacy laws and regulations
- Several years of experience conducting data inventories and performing DPIAs
- Several years of experience drafting and negotiating complex commercial agreements
- Familiarity with industry-standard methods of encryption, anonymization, and other information security requirements
- A demonstrated commitment to ethical business practice and personal integrity
- An unquestionable work ethic, a strong sense of accountability, and capacity to work cooperatively, diplomatically, and proactively with hundreds of colleagues in a demanding, global role.
We strive to create a place where all feel safe, empowered, engaged, championed, and inspired. DraftKings is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. This means we do not tolerate discrimination of any kind and are committed to providing equal employment opportunities regardless of your gender identity, race, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, status as a protected veteran, or status as an individual with a disability.
Ready to build what’s next? Apply now.
As a regulated gaming company, you may be required to obtain a gaming license issued by the appropriate state agency as a condition of employment.