Employee Relations Specialist
Las Vegas, NV
DraftKings Inc. (Nasdaq: DKNG) is a digital sports entertainment and gaming company. It’s simple, at DraftKings, we believe life’s more fun with skin in the game. For that reason, we’re committed to responsibly creating the world’s favorite games and betting experiences. Headquartered in Boston, MA, with offices around the globe, we believe we can continue to define what it means to be a technology company in sports entertainment. We love what we do, and think you will too.
We’re creating better, more empathetic workplaces.
We’re growing rapidly and are searching for an Employee Relations Specialist who will collaborate with managers, team members, internal stakeholders, and senior business leaders to resolve employee relations matters through investigation, coaching, and counseling. As the subject matter expert in Employee Relations, you’ll work closely with HR leadership, HR Business Partners, and other internal stakeholders including Legal, IT, and Compliance to resolve complex problems with empathy and consistency. Sound good to you? Join us.
What you’ll do as an Employee Relations Specialist:
- Consult with managers and employees about various employment-related issues, including workplace conflict, disciplinary action, leave of absence, and policy interpretation.
- You’ll autonomously handle concerns with employee performance including creating effective performance improvement plans, assisting the manager and employee through the duration of the plan, and bringing the situation to a successful resolution.
- Conduct timely and thorough investigations into complex claims that include but are not limited to allegations of discrimination, harassment, retaliation, etc.
- Manage employee dismissals while minimizing risk; understand and apply overall risk mitigation techniques for the organization.
- Develop and sustain strong relationships with managers to enable the ability to quickly resolve matters within supported business areas.
- Conduct climate assessments within business units to diagnose workplace issues, identify areas of opportunities, and develop recommendations to improve the overall work climate.
- Provide ongoing support, training, and coaching in the area of ER best practices and corporate standards to the global HR team.
- Help to create and implement streamlined processes for handling all Employee Relations issues across the enterprise.
What skills you will use:
- Ideally, you have 5+ years of experience in an Employee Relations role.
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in human resource management or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- You have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, counseling, and negotiation skills.
- You also have expert knowledge of employment laws and best practices.
- Ability to comprehend, interpret, and apply the appropriate sections of applicable laws, guidelines, regulations, ordinances, and policies.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- PHR or SHRM Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP)/(SHRM-CP) credential preferred.
Who are we a good fit for?
We love working with talented people but more than that, we seek out compassionate co-workers with a collaborative spirit. Our work moves quickly and we’re great at coming together to find creative solutions to some of tech’s most interesting problems. If that sounds good to you, join us.
As a technology company at our core, DraftKings believes that the best innovation comes from diverse perspectives, thoughts, beliefs, ideas, and experiences. We consistently push boundaries and challenge the conventional to ensure our culture and products reflect the expectations of our employees, and the customers we serve.
We’re proud to believe that your gender, race, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, status as a protected veteran, or status as an individual with a disability should have nothing to do with our hiring practices. We’ll never discriminate against anyone’s background or creed. If you’re good at what you do, we want you to do it at DraftKings.
You may be required to become licensed through applicable regulatory agencies.