Senior Engineer, Internal Solutions Team
Dublin City Centre, IE
We are DraftKings.
We’re inspired by our shared passion for developing creative solutions to complex challenges and empowering the people around us to do their best work. We are industry leaders in the digital entertainment and technology space propelled by constant curiosity and diverse perspectives.
Our teams are fueled by innovation. We are looking ahead, building what’s next, and continuously reinventing the industry. We’re a publicly traded (NASDAQ: DKNG) technology company headquartered in Boston, with teams around the world and an expanding global presence.
Shape a rapidly scaling organization.
DraftKings is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to help establish a team centered around the mission of driving business solutions across our entire organization. You will design and build solutions that interconnect systems and processes across DraftKings that will improve how we operate and accelerate our continued growth. You will have an opportunity to develop your technical skills, hone your influencing skills, and continue your team player qualities.
What you’ll do as a Senior Engineer:
- Develop solutions for internal DraftKings systems, these will include bespoke systems and 3rd party products that constitute the DraftKings ecosystem. E.g., HR systems, IT provisioning systems, finance, support systems.
- Design and deliver reliable solutions with multiple technologies as Boomi or AWS and help in the decision when introducing new tools into the team ecosystem.
- Enjoy a challenging and changing day to day working on coding, DevOps, databases, infrastructure.
- Work with technical and non-technical stakeholders across multiple regions within DraftKings to define requirements and engineer solutions that are scalable, robust, and reliable.
- Care about agility as much as you care about scalability. We roll out products very quickly and are looking for a team that can pivot at a moment’s notice.
What skills you will use:
- Experience as the ‘expert’ on a development team where you were responsible for the whole development cycle of new features and their maintenance.
- Understand how to integrate systems, think outside the box to determine MVP, and iterate solutions.
- Strong technical generalist, capable of full-stack development with strong backend knowledge and being able to wear multiple hats.
- Experience with some integration tools like Boomi, MuleSoft, BizTalk (Boomi is preferred as it’s the tool which we’re starting to develop with).
- Experience with a strong understanding of an Agile environment (Scrum, Kanban etc).
- Knowledge of PaaS/SaaS/IaaS technologies like Azure or AWS.
- Knowledge of security concepts would be an advantage.
- Ability to bring people from different parts of the organization together, and create strong work relationships with them.
- Understand how to work with technical and non-technical stakeholders to translate requirements into solutions that people will adopt and utilize.
We strive to create a place where all feel safe, empowered, engaged, championed, and inspired. DraftKings is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. This means we do not tolerate discrimination of any kind and are committed to providing equal employment opportunities regardless of your gender identity, race, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, status as a protected veteran, or status as an individual with a disability.
Ready to build what’s next? Apply now.
As a regulated gaming company, you may be required to obtain a gaming license issued by the appropriate state agency as a condition of employment.