DraftKings Inc. (Nasdaq: DKNG) is a digital sports entertainment and gaming company. It’s simple, at DraftKings, we believe life’s more alive with skin in the game. For that reason, we’re committed to responsibly creating the world’s favorite games and betting experiences. Headquartered in Boston, MA, with offices around the globe, we believe we can continue to define what it means to be a technology company in sports entertainment. We love what we do, and think you will too.
Make an impact with a rapidly growing team.
We are looking for a Director to join our Corporate Financial Planning and Analysis team. This role will require cross-functional coordination across several groups, including finance, marketing, product, engineering, data analytics, and business intelligence.
What you’ll do as a Director, FP&A:
- Create strong business partnerships with functional leaders to support the business across the three B2C products (Daily Fantasy, Sportsbook, and iGaming) as well as our B2B business.
- Own and optimize a rolling 12-month monthly forecasting process for all corporate functions.
- Engage across departments to stay up to date on latest vendors, product developments and initiatives to make forecasts as accurate as possible.
- Monitor forecasts and benchmark performance; identify sources of deviation and ensure action is taken based on new information.
- Work with senior leaders to identify their functional goals and support the development of their annual Operating Plan and multi-year plan.
- Serve as a strategic advisor and provide recommendations for improvement.
- Support the talent acquisition and real estate teams to plan for headcount across a global footprint.
- Support Accounting with month-end reconciliation of accruals.
- Create accountability for the business by establishing clear KPIs and performance metrics by which we measure our company success.
- Understand current business and industry trends to ensure DraftKings maintains a competitive advantage.
- Serve as lead finance representative to help model, structure, execute, and track key strategic initiatives for all the corporate functions.
- Manage and develop a team of highly competent and talented finance professionals
What skills you will use:
- A minimum of 7 years of experience in FP&A is required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, or quantitative field is required, an MBA is preferred.
- Proven leadership skills (including direct management of a team) and the ability and willingness to coach, develop, and mentor others is required.
- A strong communicator with the ability to moderate based on audience with the demonstrated ability to partner with a range of cross functional partners.
- Extensive experience in Excel and PowerPoint. Strong knowledge of SQL is strongly preferred.
- Highly proficient in financial analysis methods, concepts and tools
Who are we a good fit for?
We love working with talented people but more than that, we seek out compassionate co-workers with a collaborative spirit. Our work moves quickly and we’re great at coming together to find creative solutions to some of tech’s most interesting problems. If that sounds good to you, join us.
As a technology company at our core, DraftKings believes that the best innovation comes from diverse perspectives, thoughts, beliefs, ideas, and experiences. We consistently push boundaries and challenge the conventional to ensure our culture and products reflect the expectations of our employees, and the customers we serve.
We’re proud to believe that your gender, race, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, status as a protected veteran, or status as an individual with a disability should have nothing to do with our hiring practices. We’ll never discriminate against anyone’s background or creed. If you’re good at what you do, we want you to do it at DraftKings.
You may be required to become licensed through applicable regulatory agencies.