Technical Operations Engineer, Datacenter Operations
We are DraftKings.
We’re inspired by our shared passion for developing creative solutions to complex challenges and empowering the people around us to do their best work. We are industry leaders in the digital entertainment and technology space propelled by constant curiosity and diverse perspectives.
Our teams are fueled by innovation. We are looking ahead, building what’s next, and continuously reinventing the industry. We’re a publicly traded (NASDAQ: DKNG) technology company headquartered in Boston, with teams around the world and an expanding global presence.
Join a groundbreaking team.
We’re growing rapidly and are searching for a Technical Operations Engineer to help with the design, build-out, and support of our core infrastructure and information security systems. The Datacenter Operations team has a significant presence both within large cloud providers as well as modern datacenter points of presence. We are an evolving group of forward-thinking individuals who want to use automation when possible to scale, transform, innovate, and make an impact within the company while also furthering our team members’ knowledge base. Sound good to you? Join us.
What you’ll do as a Technical Operations Engineer:
- Work within and outside of our team to discuss and collaborate on ideas and solutions.
- Build out new infrastructure in cloud providers and in terrestrial datacenters.
- Develop metrics to measure system performance and availability and implement best practices.
- Further our infrastructure-as-code journey using Terraform and Ansible.
- Diagnose and troubleshoot problems from Layer 1 to Layer 7.
- Assist in keeping datacenter hardware firmware and hypervisor software up to date.
- Create scripts to aid in maintenance or operation of assigned duties.
- Participate in a weekly on-call rotation.
- Solve difficult challenges while providing high-level platform uptime and availability.
What skills you will use:
- Ideally, you have 3-5 years of Linux and Windows systems administration.
- Experience with VMware vSphere and ESXi in a highly available environment.
- Strong knowledge of TCP/IP network fundamentals (OSI model).
- Exposure to AWS cloud infrastructure such as S3, EC2, EBS, ALB-NLB-ELB, RDS, IAM, and DNS.
- Ability to translate engineered solutions to detailed technical documentation.
- Understanding of the Infrastructure-As-Code approach when using industry-standard tools such as Terraform or Ansible. Understanding of configuration management using industry-standard tools such as Puppet, Chef, or Salt.
- Understanding of VMware vSAN at a general level.
- Git version control and Bitbucket code review.
- Experience with monitoring tools such as LogicMonitor, DataDog, and CloudWatch.
- Scripting in commonly used languages such as bash, python, and PowerShell.
- Ability to translate technical ideas to coworkers in a helpful, non-judgmental, non-condescending way.
We strive to create a place where all feel safe, empowered, engaged, championed, and inspired. DraftKings is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. This means we do not tolerate discrimination of any kind and are committed to providing equal employment opportunities regardless of your gender identity, race, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, status as a protected veteran, or status as an individual with a disability.
Ready to build what’s next? Apply now.
As a regulated gaming company, you may be required to obtain a gaming license issued by the appropriate state agency as a condition of employment.