We are DraftKings.
We’re inspired by our shared passion for developing creative solutions to complex challenges and empowering the people around us to do their best work. We are industry leaders in the digital entertainment and technology space propelled by constant curiosity and diverse perspectives.
Our teams are fueled by innovation. We are looking ahead, building what’s next, and continuously reinventing the industry. We’re a publicly traded (NASDAQ: DKNG) technology company headquartered in Boston, with teams around the world and an expanding global presence.
Guide us as we trailblaze in the industry.
We’re growing rapidly and are looking for an attorney to work primarily with the Commercial Transactions team to support DraftKings’ business. When joining us, you’ll be providing legal support amongst other services. You’ll also coordinate with other internal functions to ensure our business aligns in compliance with all laws, rules, and regulations. If you have a passion for the law and working with a growing team, then we know you’ll love it here. Sound good to you? Join us.
What will you do as a Corporate Counsel:
- Provide legal support to our in-class commercial transactions team.
- Draft, review, and negotiate a variety of commercial agreements including marketing, SaaS, affiliate, advertising, market access, non-disclosure, consulting services, promotional services, and other material agreements.
- Advise on and minimize company risks through contract negotiations.
- Coordinate with other internal functions to ensure internal business alignment and compliance with laws, rules, and regulations.
- Assist with post-acquisition integrations.
- Understand, manage, and advise key stakeholders of legal and business risks.
What skills you will use:
- Have ideally 4 to 5 years of experience drafting and negotiating complex commercial transaction agreements.
- JD required as well as admission to the MA bar (or eligible for MA authorized in-house counsel).
- Have the ability to consider different legal perspectives and suggest solutions to complex problems from a practical perspective.
- Strong work ethic and dedication to producing the best in class legal work.
- The ability to manage tight deadlines and multiple complex projects simultaneously.
- Have the ability to proofread.
- Technology experience is a plus.
We strive to create a place where all feel safe, empowered, engaged, championed, and inspired. DraftKings is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. This means we do not tolerate discrimination of any kind and are committed to providing equal employment opportunities regardless of your gender identity, race, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, status as a protected veteran, or status as an individual with a disability.
Ready to build what’s next? Apply now.
As a regulated gaming company, you may be required to obtain a gaming license issued by the appropriate state agency as a condition of employment.