Software Engineer - Entry Level *Graduation Spring 2021 only*
Dublin City Centre, IE
We are DraftKings.
We’re inspired by our shared passion for developing creative solutions to complex challenges and empowering the people around us to do their best work. We are industry leaders in the digital entertainment and technology space propelled by constant curiosity and diverse perspectives.
Our teams are fueled by innovation. We are looking ahead, building what’s next, and continuously reinventing the industry. We’re a publicly traded (NASDAQ: DKNG) technology company headquartered in Boston, with teams around the world and an expanding global presence.
Get your start at a groundbreaking company.
Our engineering division is composed of many tight-knit teams that each own a specific area of our platform. As the Software Engineer, you’ll be assigned directly to one of these teams and work alongside senior engineers. We’ll value your ability to work closely with a group of peers to achieve meaningful results, and offer an excellent platform for starting your career in
What You'll Do:
- Work with modern technologies on scalable, reliable systems that people use in a 24/7 sports betting market
- Contribute to production code immediately
- Care about agility as much as you care about scalability. We roll out products very quickly and are looking for a team that can pivot at a moment’s notice
What You'll Need:
- Exposure to object-oriented languages (e.g. C#, Java)
- Collaborative, team-based implementation, either in an internship or project setting
- Experience with version control systems (e.g. git)
- Curiosity for picking up new languages and technologies
DraftKings Engineering Facts:
- Have built over 140 Services powering contest creation, in-game sports wagering, casino games, geolocation, payment processing, user personalization, customer experience, and more!
- Served over 50 billion API requests last year
- Build and support applications for Web, iOS, and Android, with ~80% of all traffic generated from mobile devices
We strive to create a place where all feel safe, empowered, engaged, championed, and inspired. DraftKings is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. This means we do not tolerate discrimination of any kind and are committed to providing equal employment opportunities regardless of your gender identity, race, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, status as a protected veteran, or status as an individual with a disability.
Ready to build what’s next? Apply now.
As a regulated gaming company, you may be required to obtain a gaming license issued by the appropriate state agency as a condition of employment.