Senior Lead Software Engineer, Backend
Tel Aviv, IL
We are DraftKings.
We’re inspired by our shared passion for developing creative solutions to complex challenges and empowering the people around us to do their best work. We are industry leaders in the digital entertainment and technology space propelled by constant curiosity and diverse perspectives.
Our teams are fueled by innovation. We are looking ahead, building what’s next, and continuously reinventing the industry. We’re a publicly traded (NASDAQ: DKNG) technology company headquartered in Boston, with teams around the world and an expanding global presence.
Building the possibilities.
We’re growing quickly and are looking for a Senior Lead Software Engineer to develop web applications used by a passionate group of users every day. This isn’t just a technical role, though. Working across teams, you will be a creative contributor to the entire Agile development lifecycle, from design and implementation to testing and monitoring. Sounds good to you? Join us.
What you’ll do as a Senior Lead Software Engineer, Back-End:
- Take ownership of the design, development, operability, and team leadership of the innovations dev team creating new apps and features using current distributed computing methods, primarily written in Java, using SQL, NoSQL data stores in AWS.
- Collaborate with our product and engineering leads across the company to plan new functionality that’s developed to integrate into large production systems down the road smoothly.
- Lead the dev team in design sessions, coding practices, and standards, and ensure your team delivers high-quality work that aligns with our mission.
- We’re constantly growing and forming new teams and helping talented people grow into their strengths. You’ll have the opportunity to grow into leadership-level engineering roles or transition into engineering manager roles.
What skills you will use:
- Experience as the ‘expert’ on a development team where you were responsible for everything from planning to delivering key functionality and periodic maintenance of that functionality.
- Expertise with Java development - Spring/Hibernate, Java Core, Multithreading
- Strong relational database skills using technologies like MySQL or SQL Server.
- Experience with NoSQL data stores like Redis, Mongo, Elasticsearch
- Experience with Vertx - Big Plus
- Experience with modern client JS frameworks, like Node.JS, React, and Redux.
- Familiarity with AWS, Azure, or Google Cloud services, infrastructure, and distributed software systems.
- Solid cloud-native experience with containerized microservices, data grids, auto-scaling, and managed infrastructures.
- Ability to write automated, comprehensive test suites at all levels of the architecture.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills, real-time decision making, and responsiveness to problem-solving that put the customer experience first.
We strive to create a place where all feel safe, empowered, engaged, championed, and inspired. DraftKings is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. This means we do not tolerate discrimination of any kind and are committed to providing equal employment opportunities regardless of your gender identity, race, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, status as a protected veteran, or status as an individual with a disability.
Ready to build what’s next? Apply now.
As a regulated gaming company, you may be required to obtain a gaming license issued by the appropriate state agency as a condition of employment.